• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans U21 V QPR U21 0-0

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/report-swansea-city-u21s-0-queens-park-rangers-u21s-0

Quite a few first team squad players in the starting 11 including Nathan Wood, Kristien Pederson, Mykolo Kuharevich, Nathan Tjoe A On and fringe players Cameron Congreve and Nathanel Ogbeta. Nathan Wood, Pederson and Kuharevich were subbed on about 60-70 minutes.

The stand out players were Sam Parker, Tjoe-A-On, Dan Watts and Lincoln Mcfayden, Nathan Wood and Pedersen were steady, Cameron Congreve surely needs to go out on loan, he is not going to get into the 1st team any day soon and needs to play 1st team senior football he just wants to do too much in the U21 team and ends up squandering good opportunities. Ogbeta had a decent game but the conditions just didn’t suit his style of play and kept losing his footing whilst cutting inside his man.

I like Tjo-A-On a really good left foot and was he bombing up and down the wing but defensively sound whilst being technically excellent a typical Dutch player. Sam Parker and Dan Watts were very busy and both Parker & Watts was involved in most good things whilst always looking to move forward.

A good performance that deserved the win against the league leaders, the Swans U21 now go undefeated in the U21 league at home in 2023.

Chuffed to see Ogbeta get the full 90 after his serious injury, 60 mins for Pederson and 70 for Wood and Kukharevych will surely be good news for whoever the new man is to come in. An almost full strength squad will give the new man in charge plenty of opportunity to look over whats at his disposal.

I believe Pederson had been injured, he looked better than Wood by some distance against QPR today

Magic_Michu said:
So Pederson isn’t out injured?

Just unfancied?

He was injured for a while, one of a slew to have soft tissue injuries that allegedly were down to the extreme training drills that Duff was putting the squad players through.

I'd like to see Nathan Tjoe-A-On get a chance with the first-team. He seemed like a typical Swansea signing - a promising young player from a technically strong league - similar to our move for Piroe.

A player we can look to develop and bring on rather than paying way over the odds for cast-offs from our peers like Josh Tymon who is just an average player at this level and has no real upside for us (in my opinion of course). We might as well have burnt that 2+ million pounds given we also signed Pedersen on a free and still have Ogbeta on the books who, despite the shadiness surrounding his arrival, shouldn't be overlooked.

I think Tjoe-A-On was injured shortly after arriving but in my opinion he looks ready for 1st team now for sure

Sheehan and a lot of the coaching staff were there viewing, together with what looked like scouts or agents who i have not noticed previously at these games.

Pacemaker said:
I think Tjoe-A-On was injured shortly after arriving but in my opinion he looks ready for 1st team now for sure

Sheehan and a lot of the coaching staff were there viewing, together with what looked like scouts or agents who i have not noticed previously at these games.

He was injured in preseason, but after that he was on the fringes for a long time, I think he made the bench a few times and was then injured again

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back