• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea buses

butterflyness

Youth Team Apprentice
Reaction score
Why they so crap in regards to frequency? Recently moved back to the city and have been shocked at how infrequent they are. It's as though Swansea is an in the sticks village.

After a certain time they're like once every hour n half to areas that you'd assume would be well served. Relative places in England have several every hour. Wasn't this bad a few years ago from memory. I'll be glad when I'm back on the road.

Shortage of drivers and buses won’t be helping. They’ve had to pull many services recently because they either haven’t got enough drivers or they can’t get the parts to repair the buses.

If you want to catch a bus in Swansea , just cross the road by the continental cafe

butterflyness said:
Why they so crap in regards to frequency? Recently moved back to the city and have been shocked at how infrequent they are. It's as though Swansea is an in the sticks village.

After a certain time they're like once every hour n half to areas that you'd assume would be well served. Relative places in England have several every hour. Wasn't this bad a few years ago from memory. I'll be glad when I'm back on the road.

Some of our villages have no service at all after 6pm, never came back after lockdown conveniently.

KrunchyKarrot said:
butterflyness said:

Some of our villages have no service at all after 6pm, never came back after lockdown conveniently.
That's terrible. Slowly but surely public services being reduced to within an inch of their existence. I've noticed there are plentiful brand spanking new buses catering to the students however.

Twice in the last couple of months I've travelled from London to Swansea by coach on a Saturday intending to make my way out to Killay by the local bus.

On both occasions, the scheduled number 20 simply did not turn up. No message on the screen, no announcement and there is no-one from the bus company around to ask. The bus website suggests the bus is running.

And to cap it all, the fare is ridiculous. The second visit I was with my Mrs and we opted to take a cab to Killay rather than wait for the next bus to not arrive. It didn't cost is that much more than 2 bus fares.

Hopeless service in my view.

legoman said:
Twice in the last couple of months I've travelled from London to Swansea by coach on a Saturday intending to make my way out to Killay by the local bus.

On both occasions, the scheduled number 20 simply did not turn up. No message on the screen, no announcement and there is no-one from the bus company around to ask. The bus website suggests the bus is running.

And to cap it all, the fare is ridiculous. The second visit I was with my Mrs and we opted to take a cab to Killay rather than wait for the next bus to not arrive. It didn't cost is that much more than 2 bus fares.

No wonder folk are sticking to their cars, it's just not reliable or convenient to use public transport why cant we do anything right in the UK. Yeah, underfunding blah, blah, blah. But FFS, we were in Switzerland a few years back their transport system is superb. In fact most places have a better system than ours.🚋
The country is going down the 🚽🧻

Jack2jack said:
legoman said:

No wonder folk are sticking to their cars, it's just not reliable or convenient to use public transport why cant we do anything right in the UK. Yeah, underfunding blah, blah, blah. But FFS, we were in Switzerland a few years back their transport system is superb. In fact most places have a better system than ours.🚋
The country is going down the 🚽🧻
Swansea is significantly worse than equivalent British cities for transport. You can't get anywhere after 6pm unless you've got hours to spare.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back