• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

T20 World Cup

exiledclaseboy

Staff member
Reaction score
Cricket’s second least interesting format gets another World Cup seemingly about five minutes after the last one, which England won at a canter. This one is in the USA and mostly the West Indies. Starts tomorrow morning at 1.30 with USA v Canada, a repeat of the first ever international cricket match, fact fans. England kick off on Tuesday afternoon against Scotland. India v Pakistan in New York next Sunday afternoon should be quite a spectacle.

It’s hardly pushing the boat out to say pick the winner from India, Australia or England. Probably England. But as I’m sure will be pointed out, I’m pretty rubbish at predictions. So lump on Papua New Guinea.

We are flying back from Barbados tonight so for us it’s a case of so near and yet so far. The closest I got was the photo below which I took on Thursday.

I have tried to engage in cricket chat with many of the hotel bar staff, but most show a distinct lack of interest in WI cricket. The youngsters didn’t see the greats of the 70’s and 80’s and therefore cannot relate to it.

England have acclimatised by arriving on Friday, at least some of them have come from the heat of the IPL. Not so important over 20 overs, but still not ideal IMO.

Attachments

• 5980721F-3BA9-42DB-86A5-7859252A3B47.jpeg
    5980721F-3BA9-42DB-86A5-7859252A3B47.jpeg
    298.4 KB · Views: 5
Keep Archer, Wood and Jordan fit and the cup is in the bag for England, the batters will do the rest 👌

PNG are far from embarrassing themselves here. If they can nick another one or two then WI will start getting twitchy.

They didn’t win the match, but they won some friends.

Tricky start for England. Scotland off to a flyer then rain reduces things to 10 overs. Scotland currently 61-0 off seven.

More rain could reduce this to a five over lottery. England would be happy sharing the points at this stage.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back