• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Dean Thornton Tweet

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Caused a right kerfuffle and a few arguments on twitter I can tell thee.

My take is he’s talking utter f*cking nonsense.

Attachments

• 815FC20E-569F-4E9C-950E-3DBC1D120256.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 821
At this point after having over 18 months in the job to nail the 'process' down to justify 3 wins in how many games? Is just laughable now.

People will bang on how he wasn’t supported by the board, but he spent close to 3M on Wood, Fisher, Darling and neither of them are close to being up to the job.

Martin swearing at fans, coaches coming out on social media to protect their process is all becoming a right farce now.

I made a little joke of it on there - last game we won was against Blackpool and the fans were still booing. Resulted in being attacked for a lot of the day yesterday by Martin's disciples.

I dread to think of how they'll react when he eventually does leave the club.

JonMainy said:
I made a little joke of it on there - last game we won was against Blackpool and the fans were still booing. Resulted in being attacked for a lot of the day yesterday by Martin's disciples.

I dread to think of how they'll react when he eventually does leave the club.

I’ve said it before Jon the object of Association Football is to win football matches,we aren’t and far too many people are happy.
I don’t get it,I don’t think I’ll ever get it.
What am I missing?

Darran said:
I’ve said it before Jon the object of Association Football is to win football matches,we aren’t and far too many people are happy.
I don’t get it,I don’t think I’ll ever get it.
What am I missing?

Personally I think that some fans seen Martin as the "dream" appointment, told fans how amazing he was going to be and it's just a refusal now to see that at present they're wrong.

The latest arguments seem to range from "who would you have as a coach then" to "let's have a look at your volunteer coaching career" to try and shoot down the very obvious points and criticisms. Let's be fair - you don't need to be the Pep Guardiola of the Swansea League to know that 3 wins in 20 is poor.

Finally, the fans who won't hear a word said about Martin and who call others toxic for doing so have no issue whatsoever in slaughtering our young players online week in week out to defend him. Very odd.

JonMainy said:
Personally I think that some fans seen Martin as the "dream" appointment, told fans how amazing he was going to be and it's just a refusal now to see that at present they're wrong.

The latest arguments seem to range from "who would you have as a coach then" to "let's have a look at your volunteer coaching career" to try and shoot down the very obvious points and criticisms. Let's be fair - you don't need to be the Pep Guardiola of the Swansea League to know that 3 wins in 20 is poor.

Finally, the fans who won't hear a word said about Martin and who call others toxic for doing so have no issue whatsoever in slaughtering our young players online week in week out to defend him. Very odd.

It’s very strange and as I’ve also said several times some people were saying a hour into his first game in charge that they could see what he was trying to do,I couldn’t then and I still can’t today.

Darran said:
It’s very strange and as I’ve also said several times some people were saying a hour into his first game in charge that they could see what he was trying to do,I couldn’t then and I still can’t today.

I struggled to understand it and also struggled to understand the way he treated certain players since day one. The list is really endless there and yet his supporters think every player is to blame there and not him.

I think we played Bristol City away in the first season early doors, won the game and I thought that was a bit of an improvement. Russ came out in the interview from memory then saying it was our worst game etc which was baffling and a sign of things to come.

I've tried to be fair to give him time but really even his biggest supporters shouldn't complain if he gets sacked in the coming weeks (they will obviously). When he said this week quite a few of his players are looking forward to the summer then that just seemed to me that he isn't able to motivate them to play for him - again it wasn't his fault to a lot of his supporters.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back