• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Fall

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 4,768
Trampie said:
I don't follow acting, but why in a North of Ireland show did they have an American actress in the lead role ? (I know they had an English person in Derry Girls but that was only too abuse him, not been funny but it was), and now apparently she is playing Maggie in the Crown, what is that all about ?, does she live over here or something.

It’s called acting Tramp.

They pretend to be other people.

J_B said:
Trampie said:
I don't follow acting, but why in a North of Ireland show did they have an American actress in the lead role ? (I know they had an English person in Derry Girls but that was only too abuse him, not been funny but it was), and now apparently she is playing Maggie in the Crown, what is that all about ?, does she live over here or something.

I've found out the answer now, search engines are marvellous things, she apparently lives over here and was involved with somebody in the industry over here, I thought it must have been something like that.

Meanwhile, in this weeks instalment of Dixon of Dock Green......

Being as Dazzler is so far behind the curve maybe I could recommend Juliet Bravo also.

Trampie said:
J_B said:

I've found out the answer now, search engines are marvellous things, she apparently lives over here and was involved with somebody in the industry over here, I thought it must have been something like that.

We watched a film called The Personal History of David Copperfield last night, tramp. If American actors playing British characters confuses you I’d suggest you stay away from it. Some of the casting in that will short circuit your brain. Cracking film mind.

The Blessed Gillian is also very foxy in Sex Education on Netflix. The show in general is well worth a watch.

She's basically mid-Atlantic rather than American or British. Spent most of her childhood over here, most of her early adulthood over there. Now she's back and fore and her accent switches depending upon where she is.

Dr. Winston said:
The Blessed Gillian is also very foxy in Sex Education on Netflix. The show in general is well worth a watch.

She's basically mid-Atlantic rather than American or British. Spent most of her childhood over here, most of her early adulthood over there. Now she's back and fore and her accent switches depending upon where she is.

She’s crap as Thatcher mind. Scenery chewing all over the place.

exiledclaseboy said:
She’s crap as Thatcher mind. Scenery chewing all over the place.

Not seen it. Watched the first couple of episodes of Season One of The Crown. It's OK, but didn't grab me.

exiledclaseboy said:
Trampie said:

We watched a film called The Personal History of David Copperfield last night, tramp. If American actors playing British characters confuses you I’d suggest you stay away from it. Some of the casting in that will short circuit your brain. Cracking film mind.

We took the grandchildren to an astonishingly bad version of Dr Dolittle about a year ago in which all the main characters except one, including Robert Downey Jr in the title role, are bizarrely Welsh involving well known actors employing terrible Welsh accents. Even more bizarrely, the only non Welsh main character was an upper crust English sea captain played by Port Talbot boy Michael Sheen.

Best_loser said:
Amazing, nobody mentions the gorgeous aisling Bea as the nurse
It was a good show, most shows have a few less good series
Breaking Bad didn't, it was a high standard from the first episode to the last

I've been enjoying Better call Saul. I normally can't be arsed with box sets etc but this is gripping

J_B said:
exiledclaseboy said:

We took the grandchildren to an astonishingly bad version of Dr Dolittle about a year ago in which all the main characters except one, including Robert Downey Jr in the title role, are bizarrely Welsh involving well known actors employing terrible Welsh accents. Even more bizarrely, the only non Welsh main character was an upper crust English sea captain played by Port Talbot boy Michael Sheen.

Yeah that’s a pretty awful film. No idea what Downey was going for in that.

exiledclaseboy said:
J_B said:

The money, he does any crap for money, those godawfull Sherlock Holmes films for example

Best_loser said:
exiledclaseboy said:

The money, he does any crap for money, those godawfull Sherlock Holmes films for example

I like the Sherlock Holmes film he’s done with Jude Law. They’re very good. There’s a third one in the way.

exiledclaseboy said:
Best_loser said:

I like the Sherlock Holmes film he’s done with Jude Law. They’re very good. There’s a third one in the way.

Fair enough, apart from two smoking barrels, I didn't like any guy Richie movie but each to their own, they do have an entertainment value I guess

exiledclaseboy said:

Leave him alone. He's still reeling that Mork was played by Robin Williams and not a proper Orkan.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back