• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Gaffer

PencoedJack

First Team Player
Reaction score
Been critical of him myself (around Xmas) but think it’s time he was given a bit of slack.

Done better than Potter after selling our better players from last season.

Deserves fans backing 👍

PencoedJack said:
Been critical of him myself (around Xmas) but think it’s time he was given a bit of slack.

Deserves fans backing 👍
I agree. He is naive, aggravating, and baffling.
However since the turn of the year especially he has done a lot right.
Last night's result hurt a lot, but I think it will galvanise the squad- whoever is in it

STID2017 said:
PencoedJack said:

Deserves fans backing 👍
I agree. He is naive, aggravating, and baffling.
However since the turn of the year especially he has done a lot right.
Last night's result hurt a lot, but I think it will galvanise the squad- whoever is in it
Whoever's in charge of recruiting will be fully tested now looks like half the squad could be going. Worrying times tbh.

We need to build a spine and develop some more of our kids, keep Kyle and Routs as experienced pros. Evans Rushesha Cooper some Shrewd buys and loans and we can have another pop with this manager.

Cheesed of now with the comments about selling off players last season and having a weaker squad.
Apart from McBurnie and James we didn't lose a simple player who was rated, had been playing for us or was wanted by Cooper.
Between them they scored 26 goals and assisted 13.
We gained Ayew and had Surridge & Brewster 30 goals 11 assists.
Cooper also had the luxury of having our academy players integrated into the first team and squad and players like Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Roberts all having had a season more experience.
That Cooper didn't know wha to do Dandha, Celina, Peterson, McKay, John, Dyer, and Astro is a bit shocking.

Does matter what your views are as he’s not getting the bullet. The club needs continuity and going through managers twice yearly isn’t sustainable. After a play off spot this season the expectations will be high for what happens next. Good recruitment is now more essential than ever so let’s hope he has a say in this.

Cooperman said:
Does matter what your views are as he’s not getting the bullet. The club needs continuity and going through managers twice yearly isn’t sustainable. After a play off spot this season the expectations will be high for what happens next. Good recruitment is now more essential than ever so let’s hope he has a say in this.

This with fecking bells on.

Cooper even though hes made quite a few brainfarts will improve, its upto the board to back him and not rely on his knowledge of young players, we need a bit of experience especially in the centre of midfield, htf we have got into the play offs with a centre midfield of byers/grimes/fulton🤷‍♂️

Ayew will be 30 soon, if Cooper plays him at number 10 with Grimes and Gallagher behind (Fulton, Byers reserve) we will be a strong team. A lot depends on Ayew, I can see him running down his contract and getting his head down again. If he drives us into the EPL his goal may be achieved. Not just down to one player but if ever there was a move the Gaffer could cement, the Ayew at no.10 is the one imo. Wins an astonishing amount in the air for his height. Get him closer to the number 9.

Badlands said:
Cheesed of now with the comments about selling off players last season and having a weaker squad.
Apart from McBurnie and James we didn't lose a simple player who was rated, had been playing for us or was wanted by Cooper.
Between them they scored 26 goals and assisted 13.
We gained Ayew and had Surridge & Brewster 30 goals 11 assists.
Cooper also had the luxury of having our academy players integrated into the first team and squad and players like Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Roberts all having had a season more experience.
That Cooper didn't know wha to do Dandha, Celina, Peterson, McKay, John, Dyer, and Astro is a bit shocking.

All the players you mention at the end are shocking. That was Coopers problem.

Baron Goblet said:
Ayew will be 30 soon, if Cooper plays him at number 10 with Grimes and Gallagher behind (Fulton, Byers reserve) we will be a strong team. A lot depends on Ayew, I can see him running down his contract and getting his head down again. If he drives us into the EPL his goal may be achieved. Not just down to one player but if ever there was a move the Gaffer could cement, the Ayew at no.10 is the one imo. Wins an astonishing amount in the air for his height. Get him closer to the number 9.

He wants out, ill be amazed if he gets Prem team interested maybe Leeds as an outside bet. Rumours are he's heading east.

For all the learning it is supposed he's done over the last few weeks, we finished Tuesday's game with 4 defenders on the pitch and 4 attackers on the bench of which he could have brought 2 on.

I'd love to ask him why.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Baron Goblet said:

He wants out, ill be amazed if he gets Prem team interested maybe Leeds as an outside bet. Rumours are he's heading east.
Ayew might take a small hit in wages, but unless another club comes in with an offer of a three year deal he's going nowhere

Cooperman said:

I don't know about your expectations, but i'll be happy to avoid administration next year.

Neath_Jack said:
Cooperman said:

I don't know about your expectations, but i'll be happy to avoid administration next year.

Yeah. I’d happily go with mid table and solvency.

Neath_Jack said:
Cooperman said:

I’ll take that too. Next season is going to be a wall of misery on and off the pitch.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back