• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Masters

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems odd to be talking about this in November but looking forward to the next 4 days.

Especially when the moans about De Chambeau start up for how far he hits the ball

unless of course he shoots 80 today :lol:

PSumbler said:
Seems odd to be talking about this in November but looking forward to the next 4 days.

Especially when the moans about De Chambeau start up for how far he hits the ball

More of a casual golf fan, but don't quite get the moaning about DeChambeau (except for his slow play, that must be infuriating). Players have been hitting the ball longer for years, partially improving physically like Bryson and partly benefitting from improved technology in clubs etc. Courses adapt to it and instead reward accuracy. So keep on doing that, make fairways narrower and the rough more punishing. If DeChambeau can hammer it for miles and find narrow fairways, then he deserves to win everything. Plus I think part of the reason he's doing better is his putting is vastly improved?

Bulking yourself up to hit the ball longer is nothing like those ridiculous belly putters. Now that was cheating.

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:

More of a casual golf fan, but don't quite get the moaning about DeChambeau (except for his slow play, that must be infuriating). Players have been hitting the ball longer for years, partially improving physically like Bryson and partly benefitting from improved technology in clubs etc. Courses adapt to it and instead reward accuracy. So keep on doing that, make fairways narrower and the rough more punishing. If DeChambeau can hammer it for miles and find narrow fairways, then he deserves to win everything. Plus I think part of the reason he's doing better is his putting is vastly improved?

Bulking yourself up to hit the ball longer is nothing like those ridiculous belly putters. Now that was cheating.

The game of golf has a simple objective. To get the ball from tee to hole in as least shots as possible. As you say if Bryson can do that by bulking up and spraying the ball hundreds of yards then good luck to him. If the authorities had any issue then they could ensure that it becomes a positional game quite easily rather than brute strength. I think its quite amusing that he can make a 500 yard par 4 a driver and 9 iron.

For the average golfer its a driver, a provisional ball, another driver, a three wood, an eight iron, pitching wedge and three putts. Oh, wait that just maybe me! :mrgreen:

My favourite golf course in the world. I was fortunate enough to go there several times a few years back and the complex is truly stunning.

My money this year is on John Rahm.

Building up nicely for the weekend this - lots of big names where you want them to be going into Saturday

Justin Thomas looks at ease with his game but also can see Rahm coming through on this one

Bryson hitting some superb shots and also plenty at the other end of the scale too

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:

They should organize a retro-golf competition where all the pros are required to play with sets of Tony Jacklin clubs from the early-seventies. Would be interesting to see how many would still break par.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back