• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official World Cup Thread

Who is going to win the World Cup?

• Brazil

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Argentina

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • France

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • England

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Germany

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Belgium

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Someone else

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darran said:
I don’t know if I’ll be more enthusiastic when it starts but at the moment I have virtually no interest in it.

It just seems all a little bizarre holding it in November - you dont get the days of beers in the sun with football interjected in between.

Watching Wales at 10am on a Friday morning in a World Cup as good as it sounds would be much better at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Traditionalist me ;)

PSumbler said:
It just seems all a little bizarre holding it in November - you dont get the days of beers in the sun with football interjected in between.

Watching Wales at 10am on a Friday morning in a World Cup as good as it sounds would be much better at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Traditionalist me ;)

You won't be the only one feeling the same I would imagine.

I'll be on a little trip to London with my wife and son, so while they're enjoying the Science Museum, I'll be in a nearby pub watching the game.

PSumbler said:
You dont get the days of beers in the sun with football interjected in between.

You do if you go to Qatar... minus the beers of course.

PSumbler said:

Traditionalist me ;)

10am? F*ck that I don’t get up until 11am on Fridays.

Swanjaxs said:
Belgium for me

With the players they've got, you'd think they'd win something eventually!

Think the conditions there may throw up a surprise or two but it's still hard to see beyond the usual suspects for a winner. Quite possible the conditions may favour Brazil as I don't think some of the big European sides will fancy their chances against them over 90 minutes let alone 120 in 35+ degrees

PSumbler said:

I and a few others will get days of beers in the sun, not quite Qatar, but we're in Tenerife.

JackFish said:
You do if you go to Qatar... minus the beers of course.

I'll just tell Mrs S I am nipping out for a loaf of bread :lol:

stevethejack said:
I and a few others will get days of beers in the sun, not quite Qatar, but we're in Tenerife.

I know a few people who have done similar to try and get some sun to watch the games

The excitement of the young kids around seeing Wales for the first time is brilliant. it takes me back to when i was a nipper.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back