• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Penny's FINALLY dropped!

• Thread starter Roger
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,828

Roger

First Team Player
Reaction score
I was given dog's abuse here last season for daring to questions Pep Russell Martinho.

I told you all at the time - he's a chancer, a fraud.

League One incoming!

Posession football, ala Barcelona circa 2010 - is dated now. Modern football is about high energy, getting forward as quickly as possible and playing over the opposition press.

This "SWANSEA WAY" needs to die and quickly. We played direct football in the 80s and 90s. Then Bobby Martinez came in and wanted us to play Barca-Lite football.

It's over. That football isn't played today, not even Man City play it. Sure, they will have the ball for 90% of the game but that's because their players and manager is better than the opposition. And they also score 4 or 5 goals. We concede goals and don't score many.

But we pass it between the centre backs for 90 minutes though. The Swansea Way!

Amazingly, some people were prepared to give him a chance before making their minds up.

We've always had the Billy Big Bollocks who make their decision on a player or manager early doors in an attempt to look clever or be edgy. If they turn out to be wrong, they tend to go very quiet. When they turn out to be right, well we get posts like the OP here.

Congratulations on being right, here's your reward:

A manager does ok, does well, or does poorly. 1 in 3 chance of calling it. Boast if you were right, disappear if you weren't

Making up your mind after a few games doesn't make you wise, it makes you a moron

Try supporting the next man in the job

BLAZE said:
A manager does ok, does well, or does poorly. 1 in 3 chance of calling it. Boast if you were right, disappear if you weren't

Making up your mind after a few games doesn't make you wise, it makes you a moron

Try supporting the next man in the job

They’ve probably given up on him already

Although he puts the point across in a robust way the crux of this post is correct.
The Martin style of football is outdated and too easy to play against. It’s why we now only score when chasing the game as it forces us to be aggressive and take chances which is what modern football is all about. You can still keep the ball and play with aggression, pace and desire but Martin’s stock style of football encourages lethargy and laziness with concentration often being lost.

I will stick up for him on his squad. I’m not a huge fan of this squad in terms of the balance or some of the characters. The Swansea Way needs to evolve possession football with purpose, width, creativity.

The current ‘Swansea way’ bollocks is exemplified by Readings second goal. I’ve just seen it for the first time. Jaw dropping…AGAIN.

Benda at fault for both goals. But it’s Martin’s garbage process, selection, tactics, approach that is killing us, time after time after time.

See what happens now he’s desperate for a win again.

I want whoever eventually replaces Martin to be sacked.

I’ll be right eventually and will be on here claiming I was right all along.

J_B said:
I want whoever eventually replaces Martin to be sacked.

I’ll be right eventually and will be on here claiming I was right all along.

It's not about being right, it's about having an actual structure in place for this football club from top to bottom.

If we're to persist with this 'Swansea Way' cr@p then at least appoint the right coaches and staff for the role.

Roger said:
It's not about being right, it's about having an actual structure in place for this football club from top to bottom.

If we're to persist with this 'Swansea Way' cr@p then at least appoint the right coaches and staff for the role.

Not sure how many times gotta say it, but, Russ is persistent in his ways as he thinks it'll put him in the frame for a major club. Regardless of whether we have the players to carry it out, it wont matter to him. Now take that on board please.

sainthelens said:
Not sure how many times gotta say it, but, Russ is persistent in his ways as he thinks it'll put him in the frame for a major club. Regardless of whether we have the players to carry it out, it wont matter to him. Now take that on board please.
This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on here today - and you claim you’ve said it more than once which is even more worrying.

What ‘major club’ would touch Martin with a barge pole? Rodgers and Martinez had defined styles, sure. But they also, you know, won football matches.

No Premier League club is going near Martin, I’m not even sure a Championship club with hopes of promotion would consider him, either.

Roger said:
This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on here today - and you claim you’ve said it more than once which is even more worrying.

What ‘major club’ would touch Martin with a barge pole? Rodgers and Martinez had defined styles, sure. But they also, you know, won football matches.

No Premier League club is going near Martin, I’m not even sure a Championship club with hopes of promotion would consider him, either.

You clearly don't have the intelligence to understand what I said. It's not my opinion that I think he should be head hunted by a bigger club, I think that is what Russ' train of thought is.
Now go back and read it slowly.

sainthelens said:
You clearly don't have the intelligence to understand what I said. It's not my opinion that I think he should be head hunted by a bigger club, I think that is what Russ' train of thought is.
Now go back and read it slowly.
Russ told you that, has he? You're plucking stories out of your backside.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back