• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Roberto Interview

Does he talk about scouting players for Wigan when he was still with us? Someone will be along shortly to say that he did :lol:

Legend. Premier League years would never have happened without what he started.

exiledclaseboy said:
Legend. Premier League years would never have happened without what he started.

Nah, he started to build somin here then buggered off even taking the Kettle with him. :D

For me I’d have him back in a heartbeat.
Hopefully he’ll come back one day.

TerryPHELAN said:
For me I’d have him back in a heartbeat.
Hopefully he’ll come back one day.

Hope he brings the Kettle back with him, they're gasping for a cuppa in the corridors of the Liberty :D

I still remember the Wigan press conference which was held live on Sky Sports.
They had to delay it by 30 minutes because Jenkins extorted another 0.5m out of them because the compensation was only for Roberto and not his backroom staff :lol:

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:
https://youtu.be/C4UVujGHeR8

I'd rather listen to an ally cat screaming than listen to any of that and I hate Cats.

Brilliant manager for us and the rest wouldn't have happened.
Talks more sense than most managers.
Well worth a listen

Always been a shrewd businessman and a good football brain.

We always knew Brian Flyynn was a good man manager and good to see some credit passed on between a couple of good pros.

I did go away to Wigan and took pleasure in booing him and his team where we narrowly lost.

Moved on and he won't be back.

He should do well at the World Cup. Good lifetime chance for him he must have sucked a lotta...

He wouldn't have got us into the premier league imo , Rodgers is a much better manager

Best_loser said:
He wouldn't have got us into the premier league imo , Rodgers is a much better manager

Agree with this… Roberto should always be a Swansea legend as we wouldn’t be where we are without him… he was instrumental in our survival but always style change that saw us rocket through the leagues… but you’re right, I don’t think we’d have been promoted under him…a blessing in disguise him leaving for Wigan… Rodgers is a far better manager.

Just wondering what the point of this interview was at this time? How did it even come about?

It's probably because Belgium were playing at lego land a few weeks ago thats the only reason why he could spare us the time its the only thing I can think of to be honest

Magic_Michu said:
Best_loser said:

Agree with this… Roberto should always be a Swansea legend as we wouldn’t be where we are without him… he was instrumental in our survival but always style change that saw us rocket through the leagues… but you’re right, I don’t think we’d have been promoted under him…a blessing in disguise him leaving for Wigan… Rodgers is a far better manager.

And without Sousa we may never have got there either. They all played their part.

At the moment, the record books will show that Rodgers is the more successful manager of the two. We were lucky to have them both. Let's hope we are talking in similar tones about our current chap in years to come...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back