• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Russell Martin is wonderful thread

• Thread starter A4Jack
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 3,564

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Let's start it.

Had a tough start, but the form and performances we've seen in the last few weeks surpasses expectation and he is certainly delivering well above where I expected this season.

The balance we have of attacking flair and defensive solidity is so encouraging, as is the core of the team and the balance.

Trying not to get carried away, but it's all so encouraging.

You watch the way we played at times in that first half (and bits of the second) and wonder why the hell people still pine after the previous two years.

Still early days in the project, but massively encouraging.

Let's take it easy. By all means enjoy a great away win. But let's just remember how bonkers this league is.

Entertaining possession based football with some attacking flair.

I could get used to this.

Dr. Winston said:
You watch the way we played at times in that first half (and bits of the second) and wonder why the hell people still pine after the previous two years.

Still early days in the project, but massively encouraging.

Very early days and no doubt we will see more Preston and Birmingham's but 4 wins out of 5 and the confidence is flowing.

The control is the most pleasing part

A4Jack said:
Very early days and no doubt we will see more Preston and Birmingham's but 4 wins out of 5 and the confidence is flowing.

The control is the most pleasing part

It's entirely possible that we'll go to Bournemouth on Sat and lose by two or three, especially given their quality and our workrate second half, which will no doubt bring the ghouls out.

The trajectory is upwards however. That's the main thing.

He's his own man,a touch of quiet arrogance dare I say. But there is a definite whiff of Brenda about him.

Enjoyable to watch, scoring goals, passing well, playing good football.

Bring back Steve Cooper, I slept more then

sainthelens said:
He's his own man,a touch of quiet arrogance dare I say. But there is a definite whiff of Brenda about him.

Oh he loves himself....but then Brendan, Wenger, Shankly, Sir Alex, Clough all did too.

Frank Burrows made me giggle with some of his quotes as did Carvahal.

PSumbler said:
Enjoyable to watch, scoring goals, passing well, playing good football.

Bring back Steve Cooper, I slept more then

Gibbs-White came back to haunt him tonight.

Forest/Cooper down here in a few weeks is gonna be some atmosphere.

sainthelens said:
Forest/Cooper down here in a few weeks is gonna be some atmosphere.

We're looking forward to games now. Great atmosphere and expectations!!🦢⚽

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back