• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Super Bowl

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 6,421

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
To all you lunatics staying up to watch have fun.
My mate Robin is going to the game. UppaBucs

Attachments

• A92201F8-5066-40B6-8BE8-3A20E5539264.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,240
Early start for me tomorrow so I'm not staying up. The Bucs have home field advantage which is a first for the Super Bowl and this may count for something. I can't call this one, the Chiefs will be favourites but Brady has the big game experience.

Good to hear that he got his entry sorted.

I try almost every year to stay up and watch it.

I normally fall asleep before kick off 🤣

PSumbler said:

I used to find it easy. I book the next day off work when it's 'my' team playing so I can enjoy a few drinks through the night. When it's other teams, like tonight, I stay off the booze and watch until I decided the game is crap or fall asleep on the sofa. Funnily enough, the latter is happening more frequently as I get older. I struggled to stay awake the whole of the last one and my team was playing in that one!

I'll be surprised if I make it to half-time tonight...

It should be a closely fought contest.. I've watched 5 football games today, and just about to watch a 4 hour marathon of NFL, think I need a few coffees to get me through it

JackSomething said:
PSumbler said:

I used to find it easy. I book the next day off work when it's 'my' team playing so I can enjoy a few drinks through the night. When it's other teams, like tonight, I stay off the booze and watch until I decided the game is crap or fall asleep on the sofa. Funnily enough, the latter is happening more frequently as I get older. I struggled to stay awake the whole of the last one and my team was playing in that one!

I'll be surprised if I make it to half-time tonight...

Go Niners.

Used to watch the NFL highlight shows when I was much younger and watched the start of a few Super Bowl games, but I don’t think I've managed to see a game through from start to finish. I also went up to Wembley to see a few games back in the day with my mates (more interested in a day out than the game) but I find watching a whole game boring as it’s too stop start, I’d never go again.

Just put it on, can't believe the crowds, granted they are wearing masks, but wtf?

Looking forward to this. Enjoyed the start so far. Hoping the Bucs defense will come up big tonight.

Can’t watch it, loads of men running around a pitch for 20 seconds at a time wearing enough protective gear to be able to jump out of a helicopter at 1000 feet without wearing a parachute....not for me.

Lifelong said:
Can’t watch it, loads of men running around a pitch for 20 seconds at a time wearing enough protective gear to be able to jump out of a helicopter at 1000 feet without wearing a parachute....not for me.

No problem with people not enjoying the sport, it's complicated for newbies and not to everyone's taste. I can't get into baseball for example. The protective gear stuff though is nonsense. If you did watch it, you'd see the punishment these players take.

Sadly look at the stories about retired players and the injuries they suffer. If they haven't got CTE or dementia, they probably have trouble walking. That's with all the protective gear.

Rugby has only started to take concussion issues seriously in the last few years as players have gotten stronger and fitter. NFL players have been like that for decades. Ask any professional rugby player who's put on the pads if they're necessary and they'll set you straight. Martin Johnson for one is on record as saying the physicality in the sport is frightening. Hardly a wallflower was he?

Apologies for going on, but it's such a lazy and incorrect stereotype.

Skippyjack said:
Bucs stifling Kansas here

Yep, loving this so far. Very difficult to keep Mahomes quiet for the whole game though.

One thing is that it's great to see the officials punishing the Chief's secondary for how grabby they are.

If the zebras last year had reffed the game the same way, the Niners would probably have a 5th Super Bowl title. Yes, I am still bitter.

Great to see Brady get Mathieu so riled up at the end of the half there. Honey Badger loves to give it out, doesn't do so well when he gets it back.

JackSomething said:
Skippyjack said:
Bucs stifling Kansas here

Yep, loving this so far. Very difficult to keep Mahomes quiet for the whole game though.

One thing is that it's great to see the officials punishing the Chief's secondary for how grabby they are.

If the zebras last year had reffed the game the same way, the Niners would probably have a 5th Super Bowl title. Yes, I am still bitter.

Great to see Brady get Mathieu so riled up at the end of the half there. Honey Badger loves to give it out, doesn't do so well when he gets it back.

Mahomes usually comes alive in the last two quarters

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back