• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Super Bowl

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 39
  • Views: Views 6,419
Skippyjack said:
Kansas have capitulated

Brady and Leftwich are dissecting their defence. It may be too much for even Mahomes.

If it stays like this, Brady or Gronk probably get the MVP. I'd love to see Fournette get it. So many important plays and great redemption story.

I used to dismiss the sport out of hand, but got talked into watching the "All or Nothing" docs on Amazon and am slowly gaining an appreciation. Don't think I'll ever be anything more than casually interested, but I do have a certain respect now.

Bruce Arians came across very well in the first season so chuffed for him more than anything.

Massive parallels with the 6 nations here......now it's over most of you can go back to being a football fan and stop pretending you love the sport🤣😂

dickythorpe said:
Massive parallels with the 6 nations here......now it's over most of you can go back to being a football fan and stop pretending you love the sport🤣😂

Some of us have the capacity to love two sports. ;)

As for the game, people expected a shoot-out between the greatest QB of all time (he has now won more Super Bowls than any single team has won ever) and the most exciting young QB in the game. That's not Brady's way though. He doesn't want to win a high-scoring thrilling contest, he wants to put his foot on the opponent's neck and squeeze the life out of them.

Great job by the Bucs defense and Todd Bowles. They took away Tyreek Hill and the constant pressure on Mahomes made his life very tough. Todd Bowles will get another Head Coaching shot if he carries on like this.

JackSomething said:
dickythorpe said:

As for the game, people expected a shoot-out between the greatest QB of all time (he has now won more Super Bowls than any single team has won ever) and the most exciting young QB in the game. That's not Brady's way though. He doesn't want to win a high-scoring thrilling contest, he wants to put his foot on the opponent's neck and squeeze the life out of them.

Great job by the Bucs defense and Todd Bowles. They took away Tyreek Hill and the constant pressure on Mahomes made his life very tough. Todd Bowles will get another Head Coaching shot if he carries on like this.

Thanks for the match report 🤠

JackSomething said:
dickythorpe said:

One of the things that I hated about the NFL as I started to take an interest was the elongated off-season. The season itself is only 17 weeks, then you have about five for the playoffs and Pro-bowl so there's a lot of calendar space to fill in between. They have a fascinating ability to turn the innocuous and inane into huge events. Take the combine, what is essentially a giant P.E lesson holds hte Nation's attention for at least two days, just college guys, running 40 yard sprints and jumping both vertically and horizontally. There isn't one this season I don't think so the draft should be interesting.

I've embraced that now, and will be eating up the lists of top 100 free agents, where will they go what will the contracts be etc. My team is embarking on a complete rebuild and using the draft to do it so I'm interested in that process. Then it's hard knocks season and pre-season, then before you know it September has arrived and its back to it.

As for last night it seems that recently these "too tight to call" games don't really turn out that way. Bowles' name came up in the list of candidates for the Lions' HC position so I had a feeling the Bucs defense would be a huge factor in the result. Just looking at some of the names, Suh (ex-Lion), Barrett, Pierre-Paul and Vea were enough to get my attention!

Brady is clearly the GOAT, never rooted for him at the Pats but wanted to see him do it here, and he was excellent. Plus Megatron got the HoF first ballot vote which was nice to see.

JackSomething said:
Lifelong said:
Can’t watch it, loads of men running around a pitch for 20 seconds at a time wearing enough protective gear to be able to jump out of a helicopter at 1000 feet without wearing a parachute....not for me.

No problem with people not enjoying the sport, it's complicated for newbies and not to everyone's taste. I can't get into baseball for example. The protective gear stuff though is nonsense. If you did watch it, you'd see the punishment these players take.

Sadly look at the stories about retired players and the injuries they suffer. If they haven't got CTE or dementia, they probably have trouble walking. That's with all the protective gear.

Rugby has only started to take concussion issues seriously in the last few years as players have gotten stronger and fitter. NFL players have been like that for decades. Ask any professional rugby player who's put on the pads if they're necessary and they'll set you straight. Martin Johnson for one is on record as saying the physicality in the sport is frightening. Hardly a wallflower was he?

Apologies for going on, but it's such a lazy and incorrect stereotype.

Aaron Hernandez was 27 when he hung himself and had advanced CTE.

Pre-seaon training on Swans TV.
Watch your favourite swan run around singleton park and spew by Rossi's

Neath_Jack said:
Rugby, but for unfit ponces.

Think you've got the sports mixed up there. Whenever they've tried testing them, NFL players have destroyed rugby players.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

Think you've got the sports mixed up there. Whenever they've tried testing them, NFL players have destroyed rugby players.
Growth hormone helps.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:

Tested them how?

Its top player is 43 ffs

Joke of a sport , the pussies wear crash helmets too

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back