• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Swansea way...

Mateoftate

North Banker
Reaction score
Long time without a post. Feels like it has been as long since our last win.

The Swansea way has always been football with INTENTION. And enjoying going to games.
It is early days, but this could be back. Personally, I have enjoyed most of LW's games at the helm so far, but especially the last two.

Playing with a purpose and pace out wide makes a hell of a difference.

Buy the ticket, take the ride, and give contracts to those who deserve it.

YJB.

Absolutely this…both today and Plymouth were enjoyable watches - you could see what we were trying and on the most part, doing it well…

… I just hope that people don’t jump on him and the team’s backs again if the inevitable happens on Tuesday night.

Great post.
The flanks make up a very sizeable portion of the pitch. For a team that dominates the ball so much, never to use it was maddening.
They were still like robots against Plymouth, wide players making the runs and we either weren’t willing to make the pass or when we did, go with them to support.
LW spoke of having a week on the training pitch working on movements and that clearly worked a treat.
For me, the season started yesterday.

Why haven't we used wingers with pave for the last four or five years?

It's so simple. Such a refreshing change

Why haven't we used wingers with pave for the last four or five years?

It's so simple. Such a refreshing change
In all honesty it's what most people have said on here for years. Why successive managers have failed to address what was blatantly obvious to most of us on here is a complete mystery.

For some reason we never believed in signing any. Martin used fast wide players against us in first half for Soton.

Andre Ayew, whilst a great player was an inside forward. To accommodate him, we moved away from wing play. Good to see it back

In all honesty it's what most people have said on here for years. Why successive managers have failed to address what was blatantly obvious to most of us on here is a complete mystery.
Wide players is what transformed us into a good side-Paul Anderson, Nathan Dyer, Pablo H, Tom Butler etc. Not had that since headless chicken Dan James was sold to Man Utd.

It is true that you cannot coach pace a player either has it or he doesn't.
It is also true though that wingers with pace and end product are directly behind proven goalscoring strikers in terms of typical expenses to bring in.

You can't say that the club is completely at fault when they did bring in the likes of Whittaker, Gibbs White, Ogbeta, Joseph, Morris, Garrick, Oko-Flex and more recently Key, Ginnelly, Ronald and Placheta.

Some of those had their time here ruined by injury (Morris and Ginnelly for example), however the majority of them were ruined by mismanagement from either the club or the manager or both.

Absolutely this…both today and Plymouth were enjoyable watches - you could see what we were trying and on the most part, doing it well…

… I just hope that people don’t jump on him and the team’s backs again if the inevitable happens on Tuesday night.
Oh, they will, don't worry!

And in a way I prefer the shiting the pants that will no doubt return after Leeds than the sheer delusion about promotion 50 miles down the road. Despite the fact they're having an excellent run, and we're having a terrible season they are still only 4 points above us - the same as there was in October, yet they can't stop it with the false narrative above - unreal they are!

Oh, they will, don't worry!

And in a way I prefer the shiting the pants that will no doubt return after Leeds than the sheer delusion about promotion 50 miles down the road. Despite the fact they're having an excellent run, and we're having a terrible season they are still only 4 points above us - the same as there was in October, yet they can't stop it with the false narrative above - unreal they are!
I was thinking about your last point earlier today.

I've seen a lot of their fans online posting stuff like "mind the gap" and so on. I mean, if they were in the playoffs or flirting with the top 6 I wouldn't say any different. But they're 14th. Two places above us. It's taken our worst Championship season in the last 40-odd years for them to be above us purely by default.

It's comical how self unaware they are.

Cardiff fans being delusional idiots, who'd have thought it?
Early days with LW but there's promise there 👍

It isn’t a complete mystery whatsoever. It’s clear as day.

Martin’s Plan A insisted on wide players tucking back in to retain possession and not risk losing the ball with exciting, attacking adventure.

Obsession with possession dictated a congested, fat middle where dominance of the ball would hopefully squeeze out an opening - bonkers and boring as heck.

Duff was on a mission to reverse that culture, as is Luke, thank the heck.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back