• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tim Horton's Llansamlet

ABSwan

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I see a Tim Horton's is opening in Llansamlet.

Its a Canadian donut and coffee shop that sells sandwiches and soups as well. Created by an ex Hockey player who sold up before it became the monster it is now here.

They are everywhere and morning times you see massive queues in the drive through lines, as people must have their Timmie's.

Wonder what differences there will be. A lot are open 24 hours here, so I bet that goes out the window.

Some Yank place opened in Parc Tawe, no one raves about it
File under "don't believe the corporate hype"

dickythorpe said:
Some Yank place opened in Parc Tawe, no one raves about it
File under "don't believe the corporate hype"

Denny’s. Went there once. Haven’t been back.

ABSwan said:

Its a Canadian donut and coffee shop that sells sandwiches and soups as well. Created by an ex Hockey player who sold up before it became the monster it is now here.

They are everywhere and morning times you see massive queues in the drive through lines, as people must have their Timmie's.

Wonder what differences there will be. A lot are open 24 hours here, so I bet that goes out the window.

Went into a Tim Hortons in Vancouver on my honeymoon a few years ago. Walked away wondering what all the fuss was about. Doughnut was bog standard and wife said the coffee was shite.

Went to the one in Cardiff last year on my way to Brighton. Coffee was ok and breakfast wrap ok but nothing to shout about. Like a posh greggs. File under Denny's.

One of those things that is an institution in a country 'just because', despite being anything fantastic

Fairly interesting story behind it though, Tim Horton lived on the US/Canada border (Buffalo) and was pissed he couldn't get any takeaway coffee on his commute into Canada and so opened a business so he could get his morning coffee.

I was in Toronto over Easter and came across the chain for the first time, I hadn’t heard of them until then. Very popular in Canada, much like Starbucks is here. I’m not one for overpriced fancy coffee so we only went in once. Nothing special to report, again like Starbucks.

Went to the one in Cardiff a while back. I’m not a big coffee drinker but the wife said it was one of the nicest coffees she’d had from a chain.

Each to their own I guess.

dickythorpe said:
Where's the best coffee in Swansea?

I have heard good things about Motley pie and coffee in Gowerton

Ebo said:
dickythorpe said:

That's great, but I'm parking down by Sainsbury's SA1, I CAN'T BE ARSED TO WALK TO GOWERTON FOR A COFFEE!!!!!

dickythorpe said:

The Kardomah without a shadow of a doubt, don't expect a coffee made from coffee beans shat out of an Amazonian spider monkeys ass and roasted in clay kiln for 24 hours alongside a mud hut on the banks of the Amazon River...

Just a plain old Swansea jack coffee ✌️

dickythorpe said:
Ebo said:

That's great, but I'm parking down by Sainsbury's SA1, I CAN'T BE ARSED TO WALK TO GOWERTON FOR A COFFEE!!!!!

Try storm in a tea cup in swansea market, Ian (curts boy) runs it.

Ebo said:
dickythorpe said:

Try storm in a tea cup in swansea market, Ian (curts boy) runs it.

He'll have to break in and make it himself :lol:

JackSomething said:
ABSwan said:

Went into a Tim Hortons in Vancouver on my honeymoon a few years ago. Walked away wondering what all the fuss was about. Doughnut was bog standard and wife said the coffee was shite.

That was exactly my thoughts, I went to a few in Montreal when I was on a contract there, tgought nothing of them.

When I first arrived in Canada to live I stayed in Toronto a few nights, I wandered into a Mall and thought I'd get a coffee, there were two coffee places a couple of doors apart, Tim Hortons and Timothy's, there was a massive queue out of the door at TH, Timothy's was empty, I went there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back