• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tim Horton's Llansamlet

Cooperman said:
I was in Toronto over Easter and came across the chain for the first time, I hadn’t heard of them until then. Very popular in Canada, much like Starbucks is here. I’m not one for overpriced fancy coffee so we only went in once. Nothing special to report, again like Starbucks.

Except cheaper over here, which is why I believe its popular, about half the price.

They have competition from McCafe now, but people here must have their Timmie's.

If I want a morning coffee before work I use the kettle in my house. Mental I know.

Dunno why people spend ages in drive thrus on their commute.

MrSwerve said:
If I want a morning coffee before work I use the kettle in my house. Mental I know.

:lol: Spot on.
It's an American thing that doesn't work over here ...the waiting and luke warm guff you get served up makes it an uncomfortable and time consuming experience.
I have a flask, it works really well.

dickythorpe said:
MrSwerve said:

It's an American thing that doesn't work over here ...the waiting and luke warm guff you get served up makes it an uncomfortable and time consuming experience.

The sheer amount of local and chain coffee shops everywhere in this country suggest this is an American things that very much does work over here. It's not for me, but expensive coffee is clearly popular in this country.

It's a better American import than proms, gun violence or using the word pants when they mean trousers, so let's be thankful for small mercies. :lol:

JackSomething said:
dickythorpe said:

The sheer amount of local and chain coffee shops everywhere in this country suggest this is an American things that very much does work over here. It's not for me, but expensive coffee is clearly popular in this country.

It's a better American import than proms, gun violence or using the word pants when they mean trousers, so let's be thankful for small mercies. :lol:

That's all very true. It doesn't float my boat, I have neither the time or the desire to queue in a Starbucks. Each to their own though.

Cooperman said:
JackSomething said:

That's all very true. It doesn't float my boat, I have neither the time or the desire to queue in a Starbucks. Each to their own though.
Yeah, but it looks really cool sipping a frappuccino, whilst sitting at the traffic lights of a morning.😫

Jack2jack said:
Cooperman said:
Yeah, but it looks really cool sipping a frappuccino, whilst sitting at the traffic lights of a morning.😫

I only go to coffee shops so people can see me working on my novel...

JackSomething said:
Jack2jack said:

I only go to coffee shops so people can see me working on my novel...

What to do you do there clean out fluff and stuff.

Ah sorry I thought you said your navel.

dickythorpe said:
Ebo said:
I have heard good things about Motley pie and coffee in Gowerton

That's great, but I'm parking down by Sainsbury's SA1, I CAN'T BE ARSED TO WALK TO GOWERTON FOR A COFFEE!!!!!

Try the new Green Room cafe/bar by sugar puff bridge, im fussy but it was a decent black americano. Not as good as Mumbles Coffee arcade mind, but you could walk there if so arsed.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought Tim Horton's Llansamlet was a sort of poor man's Wayne Rooney's Derby

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back