• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today’s Friendly v Southampton

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 33
  • Views: Views 10,477
Itchysphincter said:
TheLoneRanger said:
Two 60 minute games. We lost the first game 7-0, and won the second 1-0. (Jay Fulton)

Four thirty minute games.

3-0
3-0
0-0
0-1

Two defeats a draw and a win. We didn't even bother advertising this so obviously just a little run out. Considering Soton press release you'd think they won the FA Cup. They're going to be cannon fodder this year.

It's better we only played "Four thirty minute games" ...

We only lost 6-1. 😂

Darran said:
Risc said:
Rushesha absolutely ruined, can say it’s a friendly all you want but that is not good management at all by Cooper yet again.

Don’t expose a kid to that ffs

Means nothing,absolutely nothing.

Not to us as a team no, but try telling him that tonight. That was not good for him today at all.

From a member of the Southampton groundstaff

https://twitter.com/brockram/status/1299762049669566464?s=19

Risc said:
Builthjack said:
It looked pretty much like the first team. Who was No 30? He was at fault for quite a few of the goals.

Rushesha, only just turned 17 I think, shouldn’t have been dealing with that.

Equally a lesson for him that he needs to work hard to play at that level, any good pro even at 17 should be using that experience as a marker of how hard he needs to work to make sure he doesn’t experience it again, no doubt Cooper will reinforce that he needs to work hard to get into our first team and now Rushesha knows that too.

Anybody who wants to play as a pro needs to have days like this to use as a driver to improve.

Pacemaker said:
Risc said:
Rushesha, only just turned 17 I think, shouldn’t have been dealing with that.

Equally a lesson for him that he needs to work hard to play at that level, any good pro even at 17 should be using that experience as a marker of how hard he needs to work to make sure he doesn’t experience it again, no doubt Cooper will reinforce that he needs to work hard to get into our first team and now Rushesha knows that too.

Anybody who wants to play as a pro needs to have days like this to use as a driver to improve.

Fair comment but I’d have rather have seen him eased in personally, not chucked in against a premier league attack friendly or not.

Itchysphincter said:
TheLoneRanger said:
Two 60 minute games. We lost the first game 7-0, and won the second 1-0. (Jay Fulton)

3-0
3-0
0-0
0-1

Two defeats a draw and a win. We didn't even bother advertising this so obviously just a little run out. Considering Soton press release you'd think they won the FA Cup. They're going to be cannon fodder this year.

That’s spot on. The club Twitter feed didn’t even disclose the fact that there was ‘a game on’.

Cooperman said:
Itchysphincter said:

3-0
3-0
0-0
0-1

That’s spot on. The club Twitter feed didn’t even disclose the fact that there was ‘a game on’.

Why though?

Fireboy said:
Cooperman said:

Why though?

Who knows? Perhaps we were a late stand in, perhaps it was a staged practice match on Southampton terms for things like contact levels, perhaps our social media feed was even less effective than it usually is.

Cooperman said:
Fireboy said:
Why though?

Who knows? Perhaps we were a late stand in, perhaps it was a staged practice match on Southampton terms for things like contact levels, perhaps our social media feed was even less effective than it usually is.

I think your first explanation is probably correct, we took the game but surely there was time.e to sort a feed out.

What struck me was that when we were a PL team playing really weak opposition from lower leagues we often struggled against players who looked determined to do well.
From the clips it looked like quite a few of ours were going through the motions.

Not to worried if we used 20 plus squad players and we experimented and tried to integrate the new players

Bit concerning if 1 or 2 of the first games was our best X1

Ringwood Jack said:
Not to worried if we used 20 plus squad players and we experimented and tried to integrate the new players

Bit concerning if 1 or 2 of the first games was our best X1

Grimes was playing as the goals were flying in, as was Cabango I believe.

Will be ridiculed on here as it’s a friendly, I’m fully aware of that, but shipping 7 doesn’t right with me at all, professional footballers, shocking.

Edit - Also should highlight the leadership coming from a lack of proper Captain aswell

Woodman was in goal for their cricket score.
..................Woodman
,,,,,,,,,,Naughton Cabango Lewis
Rushesha ............................Bidwell
............Smith .......Grimes
Garrick .........Ayew .........Dhanda

Badlands said:
Woodman was in goal for their cricket score.
..................Woodman
,,,,,,,,,,Naughton Cabango Lewis
Rushesha ............................Bidwell
............Smith .......Grimes
Garrick .........Ayew .........Dhanda

And this was our winning team 😇

Benda

Roberts. B.Cooper. Rodon. Guehi. O.Cooper.

Fulton. Gibbs-White.

Cullen. Lowe. Routledge.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back