• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Today’s Guardian

So he found working here under Martin so disillusioning that he quit to become an electrician :LOL:

I’d love him to make this happen. He needs to do things to make it happen, change selection and tactics, and not default to accepting these first half performances if there’s a slight improvement for 20 minutes after being pulverised out of the game. Starting tomorrow. A win would do everyone so much good, and I don’t care how we get it. Cooperball, Martinball, Duffball, Williamsball. Just win.

Getting and keeping Key fit and Ashby out would be a great improvement too. He’s - Williams (and Key) - had poor luck with injuries at the start of his tenure.

I’d love him to make this happen. He needs to do things to make it happen, change selection and tactics, and not default to accepting these first half performances if there’s a slight improvement for 20 minutes after being pulverised out of the game. Starting tomorrow. A win would do everyone so much good, and I don’t care how we get it. Cooperball, Martinball, Duffball, Williamsball. Just win.

Getting and keeping Key fit and Ashby out would be a great improvement too. He’s - Williams (and Key) - had poor luck with injuries at the start of his tenure.
A huge amount of our injuries were due to the lack of a head of sports science and Duff being given carte blanche to effectively run our players into the ground in training sessions.

I cannot remember a season where we had so many soft tissue non impact injuries as this one.

While I do feel that Duff's tenure might have gone differently if it wasn't for the injuries to key players (Ginnelly especially who had been having a phenomenal game until the injury to the point where the other players were also actively trying to kick him out of the game because he was that unplayable) I also have to say that Duff was as much the architect of his own downfall in that regard.

Great back story and all but I'm more concerned about it he can get his squad to win a game.

So he found working here under Martin so disillusioning that he quit to become an electrician :LOL:
I doubt that he left, I strongly suspect he was pushed.

He is man with is own views, works bloody hard, has lots of experience and is quite willing to argue his corner. I can't see Martin putting up with that for too long. Telling Martin what was what, and turning out to be right would not be forgiven.

The joke is that Martin is now working under Jason Wilcox as DoF. He was a gutsy player and stood for no nonsense at Man City. I doubt that Martin is free to do as he pleases, I bet he get's "optional advice" on team selection and organization.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back