• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Today’s Rain

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 67
  • Views Views: Views 3,450
Annual halloween tradition for Lady Pentyrch and I is a candlelit organ recital in Gamla Stan church, privately renewing our marriage vows there, lighting some candles in the church, then a candlelight dinner in Den Gylden Felder (The Golden Peace). Oh, and an early night as flying from Arlanda to London to get to Charlton in time for 1500.
 

Attachments

  • motion_photo_5270371478657845965.jpg
    motion_photo_5270371478657845965.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
  • motion_photo_6968813442705150053.jpg
    motion_photo_6968813442705150053.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Yeah, that should be the 'rule'. If your house is decorated or you have pumpkins etc by the door, that's fair game. I've never celebrated Halloween, load of BS.
I got very close to losing my temper tonight, had about say 15 knocks, but some were like the Bailiffs knocking, I said to the missus next one that does that, I'm going to open the door and tell them to Fu** OFF, fortunately it was the last knock around 7.15.

They are sad as ferk, I was on the toilet when somebody knocked, say around half five, and it was quite an aggressive knock, then I could hear the mother shouting ' come on, they are not going to answer the door', if I had not been on the toilet, I would have given her a piece of my mind!
 
I got very close to losing my temper tonight, had about say 15 knocks, but some were like the Bailiffs knocking, I said to the missus next one that does that, I'm going to open the door and tell them to Fu** OFF, fortunately it was the last knock around 7.15.

They are sad as ferk, I was on the toilet when somebody knocked, say around half five, and it was quite an aggressive knock, then I could hear the mother shouting ' come on, they are not going to answer the door', if I had not been on the toilet, I would have given her a piece of my mind!
They knew you were in, they could hear you on the bog.
 
Kids have gone soft, back in my day when out trick or treating if you didn't open the door, we'd egg your house.
 
We’ve left a tub of sweets in the porch and Mrs has just lit a few lanterns. If passersby want to help themselves then they can, but I’ll be in the kitchen having a drink, with no intention of getting up to answer the door.
We’re visiting my eldest and his family and on the estate where they live it’s like an unwritten agreement that only the houses with pumpkins or decorations outside are partaking in the event. A lot leave a bowl of goodies outside but some go the whole hog and get the kids to ring the bell and they are greeted by adults and children in full fancy dress and extremely decorated houses internally too. The grandchildren loved it, and the weather was clear and moonlit. 👍
 
We’re visiting my eldest and his family and on the estate where they live it’s like an unwritten agreement that only the houses with pumpkins or decorations outside are partaking in the event. A lot leave a bowl of goodies outside but some go the whole hog and get the kids to ring the bell and they are greeted by adults and children in full fancy dress and extremely decorated houses internally too. The grandchildren loved it, and the weather was clear and moonlit. 👍
I was still pottering around when the door knocking started at half four ish. It was lovely to see the little ones dressed up and carrying buckets of sweets. It had settled down by 6 and we didn’t hear anyone from there on.
 
Suns out atm, streaming through the office window, hopefully it'll lamp it down later.😁👍
Got soaked at Peniel Carmarthen going back and forth property to van and when leaving property back to van and again at Ammanford yesterday but I was past caring by then 😂
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top