• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tomorrow Night

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/swansnews/status/1697338792535810548

I do think we will get the three bodies that Duff mentioned, heavy noise on Bidwell and Pederson but I think he will only end up with either an attacking midfielder or a striker and not both.

eteb said:
Bidwell would be a disgrace he is dogshite

He was good for us under Cooper and got 10 assists from LB, plus he’d add experience, he should never have been given away by Russ.

bakajack said:
I do think we will get the three bodies that Duff mentioned, heavy noise on Bidwell and Pederson but I think he will only end up with either an attacking midfielder or a striker and not both.

Pederson
Tymon
Devante Cole
Vyner (If Wood leaves)

eteb said:

He was an ever-present in a team which finished 6th and 4th. He wouldn't be an exciting signing and I wouldn't want us to pay much in the way of a transfer fee as he is 30, but he would probably be a decent signing.

JackSomething said:
He was an ever-present in a team which finished 6th and 4th. He wouldn't be an exciting signing and I wouldn't want us to pay much in the way of a transfer fee as he is 30, but he would probably be a decent signing.

Bidwell was gotten rid of (and incidentally never replaced) because we thought we were too good for him. This is despite the fact that for long periods of time, he was keeping Manning out of the team.

It turns out that actually we aren't too good for him and he is better than Ashby, twice as good as Sorinola and god knows how many times better than Ogbeta.

Bidwell is a decent player for a midtable championship team which is exactly what we are.

Hard working, strong, experienced. Like you say, the kids aren't gonna be rushing out to get his name on the back of their shirt or 'flex' on Twitter about what a wonderful signing he is, however we could do a lot worse and have done a lot worse since he left.

The way our defence is at the moment I’d welcome him with open arms.

People forget how dodgy Bidwell was defensively and how often he coughed up the ball. He was a Latibeaudiere who could cross. Manning was a night and day upgrade once allowed to play that position.

JonTheJack said:
The way our defence is at the moment I’d welcome him with open arms.

We all dream of a team of Jakey Bids?

eteb said:

I know football is about opinions but are you sure that you’re not confusing Bidwell with someone else?

He was very decent for us, got up and down the flank and assisted a fair number of goals as well as scoring against the scum.

ARQS said:
Bidwell was gotten rid of (and incidentally never replaced) because we thought we were too good for him. This is despite the fact that for long periods of time, he was keeping Manning out of the team.

It turns out that actually we aren't too good for him and he is better than Ashby, twice as good as Sorinola and god knows how many times better than Ogbeta.

Bidwell is a decent player for a midtable championship team which is exactly what we are.

Hard working, strong, experienced. Like you say, the kids aren't gonna be rushing out to get his name on the back of their shirt or 'flex' on Twitter about what a wonderful signing he is, however we could do a lot worse and have done a lot worse since he left.

The only thing I'll say about Ashby is that I thought he was one of our better players on the pitch in the second half against Bournemouth, although I appreciate that's not saying a lot. There's probably a good player there, but if it takes the whole season to improve him only to send him back to Newcastle, I don't really see the point.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back