• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Train to Reading

Donnybackspin

First Team Player
Reaction score
Anyone know a better way to book the train to Reading, its coming out at £180 for 3 adults and 1 child.

Not used it myself, but I have read others using train ticket splitting.
Breaking the journey down into smaller journeys, sometime not even changing trains.

Just Google train ticket splitting.

Might not be a saving but worth a try,

3swan said:
Breaking the journey down into smaller journeys, sometime not even changing trains.

Thanks great shout, got it down to £136 for the 4 of us.

3swan said:

Thanks great shout, got it down to £136 for the 4 of us.

Let's hope for 3 points, we've sold almost our tickets so good support at the game.

Being a season ticket holder living in Ingurlund i travel to home games by train.I always split my train tickets,leaving from Oxford i buy a day return to Swindon and then a day return from Swindon to Swansea.
By doing this i save £50 on my journey 😁😁 ------ without the split save the cost of the journey would be about £99,massive difference.
I do the same for away games and you always get a saving of some sort.The only downside is you can get a pocket full of train tickets.

Basingstoke Jack said:
Being a season ticket holder living in Ingurlund i travel to home games by train.I always split my train tickets,leaving from Oxford i buy a day return to Swindon and then a day return from Swindon to Swansea.
By doing this i save £50 on my journey 😁😁 ------ without the split save the cost of the journey would be about £99,massive difference.
I do the same for away games and you always get a saving of some sort.The only downside is you can get a pocket full of train tickets.

Shame you have to pass Swindon from Basingstoke, just to get a day return from Oxford to Swindon

:lol: :lol:

Basingstoke Jack said:

Even coming from Bristol it usually works out better to split at Cardiff because the fares are fixed Bristol-Cardiff and Cardiff-Swansea. Do sometimes find really cheap first class tickets on some trains for some reason... still can't get a train home after a midweek game though!

I think Trainline may even do this automatically for you now, but there's plenty of sites out there that calculate it for you, rather than having to figure it out yourself.

I remember I did Doncaster away one year for £15, something like Cardiff to Stockport and then Stockport onwards.

The once I did it, it was much cheaper to buy Chepstow-Newport; Newport-Cardiff; Cardiff-Swansea returns. I had more tickets than a tout.

JustJack said:
I think Trainline may even do this automatically for you now, but there's plenty of sites out there that calculate it for you, rather than having to figure it out yourself.

I remember I did Doncaster away one year for £15, something like Cardiff to Stockport and then Stockport onwards.

I'm not sure trainline automatically do it but trainsplit do.

Fireboy said:
I'm not sure trainline automatically do it but trainsplit do.

They do something of the sort, for example my mobile ticket is sometimes split, although I don't know how deep they go into it.

Anyone recommend a good train ticket-splitting app or site?

Going back to the OP, check out the Family and Friends railcard, it will cost you £30 but up to 4 adults and 4 kids can travel together and you’ll get 1/3 off adult tickets and 60% off kids tickets. You’ll need 1 kid to travel with the adults to be able to use the card.

MajorR said:
Anyone recommend a good train ticket-splitting app or site?

Going back to the OP, check out the Family and Friends railcard, it will cost you £30 but up to 4 adults and 4 kids can travel together and you’ll get 1/3 off adult tickets and 60% off kids tickets. You’ll need 1 kid to travel with the adults to be able to use the card.

As I've already mentioned, try the trainsplit app.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back