• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

U21s today at Ipswich

LeonWasTheDogs

First Team Player
Reaction score
Didn't go so well. Lost 7-3. 🙈

I've not been paying attention lately, but does anyone know if any of them are close to stepping up to the first team? Doesn't sound like it based on today!

3-3 at half time (edit: just after), complete collapse. Archie Matthews in goal was supposed so be out on loan, I thought he was recalled due to injury but if he's already playing it can't have been that bad. No strikers in the team and not many defenders either. Six players I'd consider central midfielders.

This time of year you tend to see youngsters getting final chances to impress for a contract (or else go out on trials elsewhere) and the younger group stepping up to have a go. Iestyn Jones made his second start, still 16 years old I think. Two lads on the bench haven't played u21s before. Nzingo only recently back from long injury, Lloyd's been in and out etc. Lissah with the first team.

"The young Blues, who were beaten 8-1 at home by Charlton a week ago, went ahead in the sixth minute via Nico Valentine, then Matty Roberts made it two four minutes later."

"The Swans pulled a goal back through Maliq Cadogan on 17, but Gerrard Buabo restored Town’s two-goal advantage on 41, prior to Ben Lloyd making it 3-2 a minute later with no further goals before the break."

"Cameron Congreve levelled for the visitors four minutes after the restart but Leon Ayinde netted Town’s fourth and fifth on 55 and 60, then Buabo made it 6-3 with his second of the afternoon five minutes later, before sub Chuks Uzor-Greey completed the scoring with seven minutes left on the clock."

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back