• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Uighur Muslims - China

• Thread starter Risc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 3,161

Risc

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
What the hell is going on in these videos circulating in China? Horrendous

Risc said:

I think they’re at least a year old (the one of them being made to kneel blindfolded).

But yeah, fkn awful. China have history there and history shows the west will do feck all about it. Very sad. At the very least we should be throwing every economic sanction going at them. It horrific what they’re doing.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Risc said:

I think they’re at least a year old (the one of them being made to kneel blindfolded).

But yeah, fkn awful. China have history there and history shows the west will do feck all about it. Very sad. At the very least we should be throwing every economic sanction going at them. It horrific what they’re doing.

Absolutely!

Don't get me started on the bat eating either! 🤨

Could you imagine lots of great, environmentally sustainable, innovative companies actually manufacturing things in South Wales?

That is what we need post Covid.

The Chinese have too much of a monopoly of making things...and their claim over the South China Sea territory is just laughable.

Quite frankly, I love most of their food, (excluding bats, cats and dogs), their history and culture is interesting, but they need to reign back on aggressive, global domination.

BrynCartwright said:
Could you imagine lots of great, environmentally sustainable, innovative companies actually manufacturing things in South Wales?

The Chinese have too much of a monopoly of making things...and their claim over the South China Sea territory is just laughable.

Quite frankly, I love most of their food, (excluding bats, cats and dogs), their history and culture is interesting, but they need to reign back on aggressive, global domination.

All of which need investment which is part of China’s success. We lack infrastructure, skills and will I am afraid. But you are spot on again my friend

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Risc said:

Absolutely shocking and been going on for quite some time too. Hard to believe this sort thing is still happening in 2020. It would appear the human race has learned nothing.

BrynCartwright said:

There was an excellent discussion on decoupling from China on the World Service recently.

Available as a podcast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000jxw2

IIRC The conclusion was that it would be very difficult and take decades.

So much manufacturing has moved east and that's where all the supply chains are.

Perhaps it's something Trump got right as he's been banging on about Chainah for decades.

dailew said:
BrynCartwright said:

There was an excellent discussion on decoupling from China on the World Service recently.

Available as a podcast.

So much manufacturing has moved east and that's where all the supply chains are.

Perhaps it's something Trump got right as he's been banging on about Chainah for decades.

It may be the one thing Trump said- in terms of needing goods made in America, but for all of us the ship sailed 30 years ago under Reagan and Thatcher. The free market they de-regulated dictates cheaper production. Now moving from China to Chinese companies in Africa. Huge Chinese investment in Ethiopia for example building infrastructure and huge industrial parks. Already a big tyre manufacturer transferred much of its production. China’s influence in Africa is huge whilst we ignore it

BrynCartwright said:

Any country taking control of large parts of the World is a concern but who are we to talk the way we behaved over the years

Professor said:
dailew said:
BrynCartwright said:

Available as a podcast.

It may be the one thing Trump said- in terms of needing goods made in America, but for all of us the ship sailed 30 years ago under Reagan and Thatcher. The free market they de-regulated dictates cheaper production. Now moving from China to Chinese companies in Africa. Huge Chinese investment in Ethiopia for example building infrastructure and huge industrial parks. Already a big tyre manufacturer transferred much of its production. China’s influence in Africa is huge whilst we ignore it
America doesn't like having its economic and political dominance challenged by China, there is potential for a military incident between the two the way things are going.

Trampie said:
BrynCartwright said:

Any country taking control of large parts of the World is a concern but who are we to talk the way we behaved over the years

Here he is! Because of our past we have no voice in the future?

Plus the reason they manufacture everything is because they can do it so cheaply. By paying their workers peanuts, in horrendous conditions, dragging the price down.

This wouldn't be accepted in this country (rightly), yet whatever manufacturing we did get back up and running, would be ruined by Unions pushing for further 'rights' (money to line their own pockets), destroying productivity.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back