• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh Indy

Itchysphincter said:
dickythorpe said:
:)

Could you put some "meat on the bones" for me?

What do people want independence from? Westminster? Will we go in to the EU? Will we unite with Scotland? We have no bank, what currency will we use? So many questions, no answers.
Thank you Itchy.
I'm not sure what I think.
Many like the idea but once you delve deeper it gets complicated.

Controversial_one said:
It's a good idea, i'm just not sure which form it will take, Will it be a republic with a president? Will it be pluralist with a pres and PM? Will it mean an expansion of the Senedd?

It cannot be a good idea as there’s no structured plan of how we would operate independently. Until that plan becomes defined it’s just an idea, nothing more.

Cooperman said:
Controversial_one said:
It's a good idea, i'm just not sure which form it will take, Will it be a republic with a president? Will it be pluralist with a pres and PM? Will it mean an expansion of the Senedd?

It cannot be a good idea as there’s no structured plan of how we would operate independently. Until that plan becomes defined it’s just an idea, nothing more.

That makes no sense, Coops. An idea can’t be a good idea because it’s just an idea? Presumably if it can’t be a good idea, by that logic it also can’t be a bad idea?

As you (and I) older lot start shuffling away, the younger generation have a much bigger appetite for it. Hopefully my grandsons will see an Independent Wales.

exiledclaseboy said:
Cooperman said:

That makes no sense, Coops. An idea can’t be a good idea because it’s just an idea? Presumably if it can’t be a good idea, by that logic it also can’t be a bad idea?

Correct, it’s far too early to judge whether Wales could sustain itself as an independent nation. There’s a lot more to be laid out before we can judge how good or bad this is.

Cooperman said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Correct, it’s far too early to judge whether Wales could sustain itself as an independent nation. There’s a lot more to be laid out before we can judge how good or bad this is.

But surely an idea can be good or bad in principle?

exiledclaseboy said:
Cooperman said:

Yes, if the outlook on some of the fundamental criteria are defined and understood. Take the fiscal and economic outlook, there are views at opposite ends of the scale concerning tax and spending gaps, this is before we get onto the plan to close the gap. Too many unknowns IMO, more study required.

Cooperman said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Yes, if the outlook on some of the fundamental criteria are defined and understood. Take the fiscal and economic outlook, there are views at opposite ends of the scale concerning tax and spending gaps, this is before we get onto the plan to close the gap. Too many unknowns IMO, more study required.

You miss the point. It’s possible to think that independence is a good (or bad) idea in principle without knowing any of that. If/when it becomes a more serious proposition, then it’s time for all that analysis you rightly describe to be done and no doubt some people will change their view based on the outcome of that. It’s also possible to have no opinion either way at this stage of course.

I just dont see what Wales can export or even run an economy on

Geographically we're in a bit of a shit position aswell, especially with a lemon of an airport

JustJack said:

Geographically we're in a bit of a s**t position aswell, especially with a lemon of an airport

Love spoons and leaks.

exiledclaseboy said:
Cooperman said:

You miss the point. It’s possible to think that independence is a good (or bad) idea in principle without knowing any of that. If/when it becomes a more serious proposition, then it’s time for all that analysis you rightly describe to be done and no doubt some people will change their view based on the outcome of that. It’s also possible to have no opinion either way at this stage of course.

The key word there is ‘think’ however this wasn’t used in the post that I responded to and which I read as a statement of fact. As you can probably tell I’m on the fence with this right now.

JustJack said:

Geographically we're in a bit of a s**t position aswell, especially with a lemon of an airport

What does England produce apart from Dysons , just a service economy kept afloat by a giant betting shop known as the city

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back