• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh Rugby v Welsh Football

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Good read this.
Stupid egg chasing tw*ts.

https://cardiffbluesblog.com/2022/03/26/out-of-touch-and-out-of-pocket-how-the-wru-has-been-surpassed-by-the-faw/

Sadly ( and not that I claim to know much about rugby. Then some may say I know as much about football... ) when I met my wife to be in November 1980, Wales had just beaten one of the Southern Hemisphere giants in a friendly and seemed to be on top of the world.
The All Whites were still a very respectable rugby team.
Fast forward 40 years and by all accounts the Ospreys are very poor, as are the Welsh rugby team.
Meanwhile the Welsh football team is on the cusp of qualifying for World Cup for the first time since before I was born.
My only regret is that it is not being held in a civilised country where I could actually attend a match to say I saw them live in a World Cup.
Still I will be cheering them on from afar ( as long as they finish the job of course )

This is a "new" for Welsh football and for the majority of living fans
Not so many about now who remember the 1958 world cup.
Wait until the football team have continued suceess in qualifying for tournaments then start not progressing in them......it may take 20 odd years but eventually you'll see the apathy that Welsh rugby currently has.
Feast or famine.

I enjoy both and regularly watch both Welsh national sides.
Why do people who only like one of them have to belittle the other one?
Pathetic.

J_B said:
Pathetic.

Read the article posted by Darren. This is not about rugby v football, It is about two organisations, comparing & contrasting their approach to business. One organisation focussing on a fan led match day experience, the other organisation driven by greed.

J_B said:
Pathetic.

Small penises probably.

EagleEye said:
J_B said:
Pathetic.

Read the article posted by Darren. This is not about rugby v football, It is about two organisations, comparing & contrasting their approach to business. One organisation focussing on a fan led match day experience, the other organisation driven by greed.

It's a good article.
WRU marketing department led by someone knowing nothing about marketing- Our team led by Brad Bobbley springs to mind there
Or the old "farts" at the FA/ English rugby many years ago.
I also prefer watching the Swans than either the FAW or WRU games.
It's great that while we are at the top 2 tables, we can watch us and the FAW team

I have nothing against rugby, but I watch lower league rugby as this kicking the skin off the ball and trying to play running rugby in the clouds that is played by the top end, is as painful for me to watch
as watching our eastern cousins in an empty ground would be

If the Wales football team played in an annual tournament like the rugby team do, what would happen to ticket prices then?

How much more extra costs would the FAW have to look at?
Games would have to go from Legoland.

Don't tell me it's better there than the Principality stadium!!!

We are an odd country at times always looking to build some things up in record time, and then looking to knock things down when it goes wrong.

Too many with an agenda as well.

EagleEye said:
J_B said:
Pathetic.

I did and I referred to Darran's comment.

Football will always be the main sport for me, but love watching and following the rugby too.

Lots of rumours the regions are going back to four clubs shortly soon, Cardiff, Llanelli, Swansea and Newport. I'm from Gwent so follow the dragons but the day I go down Rodney Parade supporting a Newport rugby team is the day hell freezes over. It will be a Swans/Swans double for me if that happens.

Risc said:
Football will always be the main sport for me, but love watching and following the rugby too.

Lots of rumours the regions are going back to four clubs shortly soon, Cardiff, Llanelli, Swansea and Newport. I'm from Gwent so follow the dragons but the day I go down Rodney Parade supporting a Newport rugby team is the day hell freezes over. It will be a Swans/Swans double for me if that happens.

Hope so , bring back the all whites

Best_loser said:
Risc said:

Hope so , bring back the all whites

Shocking though as Neath were also a great club, as Pontypool/Ebbw Vale were in Gwent, and Pontypridd in what is now under the Cardiff umbrella.

Sad times. But yeah. I'll be supporting the all whites if it goes back to "super clubs".

In the 70's and 80's, rather than play at Wrexham (which the players loved doing) the then short sighted Welsh FA took the money and played important matches at Anfield and Ninian Park which ended in defeat and our World Cup hopes.
Mark Hughes pushed the agenda to play at the National Stadium as it was then and charge £10/15 to get full houses against the likes of Italy and Germany and we know how those went. I think it was £5 for some matches with 30,000 plus turning up. It was a no brainer. Not sure why this changed.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back