• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're predicted to finish...

JackBaston

First Team Player
Reaction score
Predicted to finish 12th by some bookies and Championship analysts

If we finish 12th with over 60% average possession I'd be happier than 4th under Cooperball, plus can only get better

Absolutely. Progression world be developing a style of play. There will be some tough times as I think it'll take some really hard work to get us back to a passing style but need to give the man time. Even if we finish lower but can see improvement it's a thumbs up

If he does a Potter with the football style, and keeps up the self promotion articles, just hope we don’t run Man City close in the cup on nationwide TV, because that and the hype train got him the job at Brighton.

Anyway cheers Russ the Wuss, welcome. You’re not a fraud, lying about your football style intentions, and that will do for me. Whatever happens I’m sure you’ll be true about your footballing principles if not your career intentions. If the style fails, it fails honestly.

Swanjaxs said:
Also, he needs to be backed financially, give the man a chance to bring his own players in...

Let’s hope he’s had those assurances as part of his contract negotiations. I’d take mid table this year with him laying the foundations for the future.

I’d take 12th, some lads from academy getting breakthrough season, playing good football, if that happens, it’s whether he sticks around to see the whole “process” through. We can hope but it very rarely works out like that.

Mid table under the radar would be a good season in my eyes, its much harder to adapt from Cooperball to proper football than vice versa as it will take time to give players the confidence in being able to actually play football again and make mistakes every now and then.

The key will be getting at least a second full season out of Russell without him getting poached by a premier league team as with what happened with Brighton.

JackBaston said:
Predicted to finish 12th by some bookies and Championship analysts

If we finish 12th with over 60% average possession I'd be happier than 4th under Cooperball, plus can only get better
Yep I'll take that, I just want to be entertained, anything is better than the stodge we've had to endure for the last couple of seasons.
Just hope this new bloke can get a tune out of our squad.
Good luck Russ.👍

I'm hoping we some improvement in some players, i'm sure Cooper negated some of them

bakajack said:
Mid table under the radar would be a good season in my eyes, its much harder to adapt from Cooperball to proper football than vice versa as it will take time to give players the confidence in being able to actually play football again and make mistakes every now and then.

The key will be getting at least a second full season out of Russell without him getting poached by a premier league team as with what happened with Brighton.

Unlikely to happen if we finish mid-table Shirley?

Geoff thom said:
This year is all about staying in the division first

We'll do that easily. This season is all about getting our passing style back, which I think that we will do under this manager. Finishing safely in mid-table mediocrity but with improved players is fine by me, and it seems is fine for most of us.

Glyn1 said:
Geoff thom said:
This year is all about staying in the division first

We'll do that easily. This season is all about getting our passing style back, which I think that we will do under this manager. Finishing safely in mid-table mediocrity but with improved players is fine by me, and it seems is fine for most of us.

Agreed, the real trick will be having the fans on board during the transition back to the "Swansea Way"

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back