• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

We're predicted to finish...

Geoff thom said:
This year is all about staying in the division first

When you look at teams like Derby, Huddersfield etc I'm sure we'll be fine

Glyn1 said:
Geoff thom said:
This year is all about staying in the division first

We'll do that easily. This season is all about getting our passing style back, which I think that we will do under this manager. Finishing safely in mid-table mediocrity but with improved players is fine by me, and it seems is fine for most of us.

Me too, I am not as confident that we will stay in the divsion easily but as long as we do stay and build a solid foundation to go forward from. That will do for me.

I will be hugely fricking peed off if we do not get promotion. I see a squad of winners and the potential to do well again.

Looking at the players we've used in the friendlies, if RM gets us to a top half of the table finish, I think he'll have done a bloody good job tbh. By 17th Aug, we'll have played Blackburn, Reading, Sheff Utd & Stoke and should have some indication of how the first half of the season is likely to pan out.

A good manager is always able to create a team greater than the sum of its parts.

Even if you believe that the squad is weak enough to be a relegation contender (which I don't, although few additions wouldn't go amiss) if Martin is as good as some believe him to be then we should be nowhere near the drop.

Dr. Winston said:
A good manager is always able to create a team greater than the sum of its parts.

Even if you believe that the squad is weak enough to be a relegation contender (which I don't, although few additions wouldn't go amiss) if Martin is as good as some believe him to be then we should be nowhere near the drop.

This

We never had the greatest players in our team, but we had a way of playing that minimized opposition chances and every player knew what was expected of them in every position
This was always proven when our players went on to other clubs, they never flourished quite the same

JackBaston said:
Dr. Winston said:

This

We never had the greatest players in our team, but we had a way of playing that minimized opposition chances and every player knew what was expected of them in every position
This was always proven when our players went on to other clubs, they never flourished quite the same

That’s why I’ve always been happy to play keep ball, even if it is knocking it around at the back at times. If the opposition haven’t got the ball they can’t hurt you. It’s a simple game.

All I want is to feel that we have turned some sort of corner - that we are a club on the up. For the last probably 5 or 6 years it has felt that we have been a club on the decline with things, generally speaking, getting gradually worse.

I want this appointment to be the one that sees the club climbing/building again, however slow.

Anywhere in the top half providing the football is better.
Then push on to promotion next season.
However if the powers that be back him to some extent, who knows ?

Anywhere in the top half providing the football is better.
Then push on to promotion next season.
However if the powers that be back him to some extent, who knows ?

I think top half would be a success with how little time hes had to impliment his style and player recruitment
Think its important just to see signs of us regaining our identity this season, no point in speculating on next season just yet as a lot can change
But the 3 relegated teams, Bournemouth, Qpr, Millwall all look decent this season so if we're anywhere near those lot we have a lot to be excited for next season

JackBaston said:
I think top half would be a success with how little time hes had to impliment his style and player recruitment
Think its important just to see signs of us regaining our identity this season, no point in speculating on next season just yet as a lot can change
But the 3 relegated teams, Bournemouth, Qpr, Millwall all look decent this season so if we're anywhere near those lot we have a lot to be excited for next season

Again I agree that a top half finish with a visible improvement in playing style would be seen as a successful season, even more so if we can prevent Martin from being poached during the summer after such a season.

We have to look at this as a 2-3 year project and not just based on the results of this season.

Agree with the guys who say mid table would be acceptable with a push for the following season....but, the reality of our fanbase is that that wont be good enough. Way too many will be screaming for more, expectations must be kept in check....they wont by many tho, and it's those fans we'll get most grief with.
Good luck Mr Martin....wish you well.

Itchysphincter said:
That’s why I’ve always been happy to play keep ball, even if it is knocking it around at the back at times. If the opposition haven’t got the ball they can’t hurt you. It’s a simple game.

Yep. Had a conversation along the same lines, last night, with the wife.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back