• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What does next season hold for Swansea City?

That is fair enough, Morgan Whittaker I am confident will come to the fore as will Liam Cullen.

I see many predicting we will not fare as well as the past two seasons..

I wonder why?

I guess people think that some player exits are key?

Who is definitately going/gone?

Freddie? Many didnt like him and we have Benda and Hamer who are both said to be fine keepers so that shouldnt be an issue
In defence Guehi has gone to Chelsea,I doubt he will be back but again we have Lati, Brandon Cooper to fill the gap,rumours abound of Connor Roberts leaving but he is now injured so whilst we may have Naughton we may be a little short at RB/right WB
Midfield we have lost Houorihane...again another player whi failed to impress, we have added Walsh, Byers has returned and noe hopefully fit and Oli Cooper is waiting in the wings
In attack yes we have lost our "talisman" in Ayew but we have brought in Piroe,Kyle Joseph we have Cullen and Whittaker as well as Jamal Lowe so maybe we are stronger in depth there too this season

Hopefully Cooper will have learnt from his mistakes last season as he entersonly his 3rd season in senior managment and maybe we can imporve again....6th first season , losing semi-finalists, 4th last season losing finalists,maybe we could get automatic....who knows?

With the addition of the new frowards hopefully we will see the attacking football everyone keeps on about whilst still getting results....

Byers .. nowhere near good enough. unproven strikers coming in at this level, Benda is questionable over Woodman but the big miss is Guehi very hard to replace his contribution. If Cooper can get players up to speed and Walsh is fit we could have more of a team unit not relying on Ayew like last season.

Ringwood Jack said:
Byers .. nowhere near good enough. unproven strikers coming in at this level, Benda is questionable over Woodman but the big miss is Guehi very hard to replace his contribution. If Cooper can get players up to speed and Walsh is fit we could have more of a team unit not relying on Ayew like last season.

If it wasn't for Ayew, fck knows what could have happened. Certainly not in the play offs.

Of course AA's contribution was a big part in our success the man also played a part in our downfall as did Wilf.

We do have established players including Jamal up front and I hope Wayne gets back soon he offers a lot in the same mould as Andre.

Conor has improved with Kyle and Andre to work with.

Ryan I think will add some more experience and as per VDH has ability to improve over his first season.

Last season we had our fair share of bad luck with loans and this season who knows it looks like Covid is here to stay and the vaccination will play a part in getting the fans back.

We appear to be kicking racism out and our club played a big part in that last season so we should be looking forward with hope in our arses. COYJB

It does seem very odd that it's been nearly a week since we have been back in pre season and we haven't heard anything from Cooper on being back or new signings ? Unless I have missed something?

AA scored most goals but the majority were pens, Lowe scored more goals from open play, I think Ayew is a good player but rarely dominated a game the way a player of that experience and quality should.

I think Cooper was trying to manage with a limited attacking option and no doubt used tactics to make as effective rather than entertaining. I think with the players at his disposal he did very well, most managers would have done worse with what he had at his disposal.

Was it just luck that Marc G turned into the player he was compared to the player who first started here, not many on here were praising him after his first few nervous appearances. Even now the players who have been brought in have potential rather than proven ability at this level.

I loved Martinez and his philosophy but he also had a far more solid base to start with in League 1 and even then we depended on good loan players doing the business for us.

Give Cooper a break, it’s not always down to the coach that we play the way we do, the players quite often go into their shell to protect a lead and we’re always confident of keeping a clean sheet so you can understand why.

I do worry what will happen once the fans are back in and we don’t win the first few games, there will be no sign of supporters then, just “fans”.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back