• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What is the plan when we attack?

Jackmanandboy

First Team Player
Reaction score
For example Rogers used to try to free up the wide men/full backs, Laudrup had a focus on slipping passes between the full back and centre half.

I see no pllan with Martin?

Jackmanandboy said:
For example Rogers used to try to free up the wide men/full backs, Laudrup had a focus on slipping passes between the full back and centre half.

The plan is to play slow tippy tappy football until the opposition get organised and behind the ball and then see if we can break them down with 10 men behind the ball. That's what I'm seeing week in week out anyway.

Jackmanandboy said:

Plan 😂 Russell doesn't have one of them

We have a plan? Doesn't feel it that often

Hope that Lati's determination turns him into Rangel,Honestly RM is not far off going full Mick Mccarthy and playing 5 CBs.

We‘re just so slow, especially on the counter. Sideways pass is always the easier option because there’s no movement up front to make space. When there is movement and a player makes a run they‘re ignored/not seen. Players have to stand up and be counted. Not only down to Martin imo.

I am amazed how slow our passing is. Yes it my be accurate but who cares about the accuracy stats if it doesn’t lead to goals.

Most of the time we pass flat to the receiving player. Rarely do we pass ahead of the receiving player to build up momentum. Anyone who ever played football (or rugby) knows you have to pass so the receiving player is moving and not static. Instead our style is pass, trap, stop, move, pass, trap, stop, move, pass…

This must be a Russell directive because it goes against the norm.

Plan when we attack
SB to Wood. Run 5 paces forward, stop. Look every direction. Pass sideways or back
SB to Manning to Wood. Run 5 paces forward. Stop. Look every direction. Pass sideways or back.
SB to Lati to Matty S to Wood. Run 5 paces forward. Stop. Look every direction. Pass sideways or back
S/ anyone to Ben. Run 15 paces forward. Pass to the opposition, sideways or back.

I'm genuinely surprised we have a 90% accuracy stat.
Most passes are only completed because the receiving player has to move pdq back behind him to collect the ball. Or run like a Usain Bolt start forward to get it.

I'm glad we have SB in goal.
We would have lost with Fish or Hamer in between the sticks.

We seem to try to put in as many crosses as we can; which is odd given we are so inaccurate with them and aren't exactly blessed with aerial ability.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back