• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What the Birmingham fans thought of the Swans

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,344

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I read the other fans forums so you don’t have to (www.smallheathalliance.com) and some of the Birmingham comments are posted below. I like reading other clubs’ forums, because these games are when a lot of other fans, who are just as experienced as we are, get the chance to see the Swans in action over 90 minutes. In general, the Brummies were positive and complimentary (although definitely not all of them) and thought that we had an unusual style of play for the Championship.

Birmingham fans forum comments:

FIRST HALF

I remember that Swansea change kit from 1995. A rare lowlight that season.

…..

Swansea are a really bizarre team to watch… Lots of intricate passes in their own half but there doesn’t seem to be any point to it. It’s like they’re just playing a game of keep-ball rather than attempting to progress up the pitch and do anything with it.

…..

Modern trendy football

…..

The way they play triangles and don't panic is fantastic to be honest. I think you are really wrong.

…..

Deeney booked for LITERALLY nothing. Insane decision. And cowardly.

…..

Yeah not sure what Deeney did wrong there. Their bloke was clinging onto his leg.

…..

Replay shows he possibly was holding his throat.

…..

It was definitely his leg.

…..

What's with their odd goalkick routine?

[NTCHAM EQUALISES]

Sh*t. Their tactic is long balls down the wings on the back of Graham/Longelo.

…..

We're not dealing with. That goal was way too easy.

…..

All over us here.

…..

Goal was a great finish but we have to do better before that.They keep getting in behind Graham.
We've lost our composure a bit since the goal, just need to calm it down a little. Ref’s been poor which isn't helping.

…..

They play some lovely stuff. Thought it was too easy to get the first shot away that cannoned off the post, but the finish was sublime.

…..

They are clearly targeting Graham.

…..

Yeah, he’s constantly getting pulled out of position. Manning has a free ride on the left.

…..

How has their keeper kept that out!

…..

I think we have to accept that we are light in midfield against this lot - they are playing it around us ...

…..

1-2 Cut us to ribbons there. FFS

…..

Too easy down the sides again.

…..

That’s really annoying. They’ve been sh*t but 2 good attacks and both have gone in.

…..

Swansea are an odd team for 10 mins they looked utter crap then they started playing and we haven't dealt with it well.

…..

Yeah that’s strange, been one of the better teams I’ve seen this season. Passing through our press very well.

…..

They look an excellent passing side.

…..

They play some very nice football. Really comfortable in possession, never rush. Just met a side who have been better on the night. We've still created chances and we're still in it. I just think that maybe they're a bit too smart for us.

…..

They are probably one of the best footballing sides in the division, everyone comfortable on the ball, very good movement and play through the press. How anyone can say they are sh*t is beyond me.

…..

Swansea are the best side we've played this season.

…..

No way are they the best side we've played this season. Missing Dean and Bielek is hurting us badly as we've moved everyone else out of position.

SECOND HALF

Any other team in this league would’ve been around the referee calling for a red. We never ever do that. As Swansea just did for Bacuna’s foul.

…..

Do you want Ruddy running the length of the pitch to get to the ref like their keeper is at every opportunity? It’s embarrassing.

…..

Swansea are pathetic with this constant going to ground.

…..

Manning should have had his second booking for time wasting ages ago.

DEENEY SCORES TO MAKE IT 2-2.
A FEW MINUTES LATER

I thought it was a pen.

…..

No attempt on the ball, their player didn’t protest much which maybe says it wasn’t. Heart in mouth moment.

…..

They were side by side and then their player deliberately fell forward to try and make it look like he was ahead - not a pen, but I've seen them given. Good result in the end. Glad their time wasting didn't pay off.

POST MATCH

Got to be happy with a draw there.

…..

Great point. Swansea best footballing team on the ball in the champ I’ve seen in a while. Caused us problems. But we could have even nicked it. We’re a country mile away from where we were.

…..

Seen Replay on their potential pen. The ref got IT right this time. He barged and dived the git but I was worried at the time.

…..

Great come back and fully deserved. They were a disgrace and should have been down to ten. On top of that the ref was a joke.

…..

They weren’t a disgrace, they were very good, and the bits of shithousery we love when we do it, and there wasn’t that much.

…..

Agreed, they were the smartest team I've seen this season, both in possession and through their shithousery.

…..

Fair result really. Both teams could have won.

…..

Can’t moan too much, Swansea were probably as good as anyone we’ve played.

…..

Managed to catch the second half on the radio on the way home from work. The game sounded awful due to Swansea's stop-start time wasting antics.

…..

Swansea were decent. They passed it well. We battled and got a deserved point.

…..

Thought a point was fair…. Credit to both teams for trying to play some decent football even if neither could do it for 90 mins.

Love watching a matchday thread develop 😂

You should do one "What Swansea fans thought of Swansea"

We're terrible

We're amazing

We're really amazing

We're really terrible

**repeat indefinitely**

dickythorpe said:
We concede far too easily.

We do on occasions, but we have then also played a number of games where we look really solid and hold out against good sides, there have been games where I have been almost chilled with our defending.

That is the most frustrating thing for me, we can do it but are just as likely to have a “moment” and concede a sloppy goal handed on a plate to the opposition.

I love a matchday thread, its a roller coaster and some of the comments on ours as the game ebbs and flows through 90 is sometime comedy gold

Some very positive thoughts from the Brum supporters about us, perhaps we are being too critical about our display, let's face it, if we hadn't conceded another soft goal in the 89th minute we'd be taking about another impressive away win under RM...

Captain_Sham said:
You should do one "What Swansea fans thought of Swansea"

We're terrible

We're amazing

We're really amazing

We're really terrible

**repeat indefinitely**

Spot on
🤣🤣

Swanjaxs said:
Some very positive thoughts from the Brum supporters about us, perhaps we are being too critical about our display, let's face it, if we hadn't conceded another soft goal in the 89th minute we'd be taking about another impressive away win under RM...

Or if the ref had awarded that pelanty towards the end.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back