• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

When will we be able to attend football matches again?

Lifelong

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
It’s certainly looking bleak for the immediate future.

Builthjack said:
2022 perhaps. Depending how many clubs survive.

If we don't get back into Liberty Stadium until 2022 it will be a bleak world. The economy is already on its knees and I dread to think about the outlook come 2022.

Cooperman said:
Builthjack said:
2022 perhaps. Depending how many clubs survive.

If we don't get back into Liberty Stadium until 2022 it will be a bleak world. The economy is already on its knees and I dread to think about the outlook come 2022.
If there was a long term ban on fans clubs would ramp up TV viewing costs to make up the difference and the majority of clubs in the lower three divisions would become semi-pro.
(Another example of the UK returning to the 1930s.)

For this season, I think the best we can hope for is a very small amount of fans being allowed in to stadiums (less than 500 people). Even if Coronavirus was almost eradicated right now, there would be a very cautious approach to letting fans back in. As we all know, cases are rising and it's looking increasingly likely that we will get a second spike and potential lockdown (whatever you think about the situation and government policies, it's looking likely).

I honestly think we'll be lucky if we'll be allowed to fill stadiums by the start of the 2021/22 season. All we can hope for is that testing amongst clubs remains consistent and that we still have football to watch on tv/online.

If we don’t watch matches in the flesh for the whole of the coming season I dread to think of the long term implications for football. Most of us got hooked when our fathers took us to the Vetch and, wide eyed, we soaked up the atmosphere, the players, the crowd, the living experience.

No children are experiencing that at the moment and none will for the foreseeable future. A lot of us are getting on a bit and will be reluctant to go back even when it’s allegedly safe to do so.

Football is in big trouble.

J_B said:
If we don’t watch matches in the flesh for the whole of the coming season I dread to think of the long term implications for football. Most of us got hooked when our fathers took us to the Vetch and, wide eyed, we soaked up the atmosphere, the players, the crowd, the living experience.

No children are experiencing that at the moment and none will for the foreseeable future. A lot of us are getting on a bit and will be reluctant to go back even when it’s allegedly safe to do so.

Football is in big trouble.

Maybe football players will start to earn 50-100k a year, rather than £250k a week.

I think these next few weeks are crucial. We see a significant increase in covid cases in hospital and we can forget it until all vulnerable people have a vaccine. So probably 2021 / 22 season.

With a bit of luck we may be able to open with about 1/3 capacity in the spring.

Time's running out for OJ. He may never get to see his (current) favourite team in the flesh again.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back