• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Who does this remind you of?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swanjaxs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 2,846
Gibsons/Epiphones are too heavy. Needs a Fender/Squier.

Oddly reminds me of Peter Hook
 
Itchysphincter said:
Professor said:
Gibsons/Epiphones are too heavy. Needs a Fender/Squier.

Oddly reminds me of Peter Hook

SG's aren't.

But it's not-Les Paul of some description.

Always fancied an SG though.
 
Itchysphincter said:
Professor said:
Gibsons/Epiphones are too heavy. Needs a Fender/Squier.

Oddly reminds me of Peter Hook

SG's aren't.
Quite right, the body of an SG is quite a bit thinner than a Les Paul so is proportionally lighter and more like a Strat. The guitarist in the band I played in during the late 70s & early 80s played a Kramer 450g which had an aluminium neck and was the heaviest guitar I've ever held and I was always amazed he could play a whole live set with that thing round his neck.
 
karnataka said:
Itchysphincter said:
SG's aren't.
Quite right, the body of an SG is quite a bit thinner than a Les Paul so is proportionally lighter and more like a Strat. The guitarist in the band I played in during the late 70s & early 80s played a Kramer 450g which had an aluminium neck and was the heaviest guitar I've ever held and I was always amazed he could play a whole live set with that thing round his neck.

I have a Squier Mustang-short scale and that’s heavy enough. Usually play my electro-acoustic Fender Malibu now. That is very light- a parlour guitar
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top