• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Williams wants four more quality signings before window shuts

Williams is going to be disappointed.

I was fairly confident we'd be ok this window. My early optimism has slowly diminished.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I want world peace and the entire Tory cabinet during Covid shoved up trumps vast arse, but I’m not wholly confident.
I'd settle for one weekend where the wife doesn't have a list as long as her arm of all the jobs she wants me to do around the house.

This suggests to me that a Goalkeeper will just be a back up then and not a quality signing.
Prior to needing a replacement for Fisher we required and was said that he was looking for 4 quality signings atleast.

So
Centre Back
2 x Attacking midfielders
Striker
4 there

Goalkeeper option also a must.

Already suggesting to me that this is just being done with little thought.
Not a good sign that 4 has been mentioned and then a keeper is ruled out and that number remains at 4 and not moved to 5 even after saying they will source a goalkeeping option.

This suggests to me that a Goalkeeper will just be a back up then and not a quality signing.
Prior to needing a replacement for Fisher we required and was said that he was looking for 4 quality signings atleast.

So
Centre Back
2 x Attacking midfielders
Striker
4 there

Goalkeeper option also a must.

Already suggesting to me that this is just being done with little thought.
Not a good sign that 4 has been mentioned and then a keeper is ruled out and that number remains at 4 and not moved to 5 even after saying they will source a goalkeeping option.
I can see Pato signing back.
With Joe and Ginnelly also set to return over the next few weeks/months, I think any more signings will be loans.
I also think we’ll go with Pederson, Lissah and Naughts as CB cover.

I can see Pato signing back.
With Joe and Ginnelly also set to return over the next few weeks/months, I think any more signings will be loans.
I also think we’ll go with Pederson, Lissah and Naughts as CB cover.
If Franco took Fulton's spot and Pato went in behind Vipotnik maybe it could work. ( I am really clutching at straws here)

If Franco took Fulton's spot and Pato went in behind Vipotnik maybe it could work. ( I am really clutching at straws here)
I think with Eom, Ronald and big Vip, Pato would be in his element.
I know he’s inconsistent and I’m going to get shot down, but when Pato is firing, he’s a quality player with an end product.
I’d prefer we went for Noel Milleskog but if it turns out to be the former, I’d be happy.

I'd settle for one weekend where the wife doesn't have a list as long as her arm of all the jobs she wants me to do around the house.
You know the answer to that one surely, put earphones on and put some music on the laptop and close your eyes 😂
Although it’s probably wise to keep one open eye just incase the pots and pans become airborne 😂

So, how much will four more quality signings cost us, and exactly how much are our owners willing to pony up to fund this much-needed strengthening of our threadbare squad?

The owners could (rightfully to an extent) point to our reserves/academy players

There are some in the reserves/u21s that are clearly far too good to be there and should now be getting exposure to first team football (Thomas, Parker and Govea have been, but also strong cases could be made for Woodward and Nzingo) - theres no point in having a youth setup if you only source players from the transfer market after all.

While I don't expect any of them to instantly and magically be ready to become game changers at a first team level there comes a point where you have to see if they can sink or swim. Nzingo in particular looks like he COULD fit in well at a number 10 role and considering our lack of other options there at present I see no reason for him not to get first team exposure at this moment in time, even if it is only training with the first team and a spot on the bench.

Considering his current competition in a first team perspective for that attacking midfield position is Fulton and Cooper and possibly Cullen and Thomas then the saying of "if they are good enough they are old enough" surely needs to come to mind.

If Ginnelly comes back from injury, we resign Paterson and we sign that trialist we wouldn't be far away. Getting something out of Pederson and the Indonesian would be like having new signings. Id be surprised if we actually SIGN 4 "new" players.

You know the answer to that one surely, put earphones on and put some music on the laptop and close your eyes 😂
Although it’s probably wise to keep one open eye just incase the pots and pans become airborne 😂
If only 🤷🏻

She has me well trained and if honest I'm secretly petrified of her 😂

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back