• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wokeness is a threat to Civilization

Elon Musk FFS. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you know what woke means?

I'm not asking what you think it means, or what you want it to mean.

Do you actually know what it means?

Elon Musk is becoming more and more right wing as he becomes richer and richer. What a surprise.
I wouldn't buy any of his products if my life depended on it. Despicable man.

Elon Musk is becoming more and more right wing as he becomes richer and richer. What a surprise.
I wouldn't buy any of his products if my life depended on it. Despicable man.
Isn't it odd though how 'ordinary' folk align themselves with these people. I know Musk is influential but he's a maverick and a force of nature, and besides being in an incredibly unique and privileged he's hardly representative. There's people out there that have a calling to serve, put themselves forward for election out of a sense of duty, yet they get dimissed at every opportunity. It's a weird world we live in.

I saw this thread last night and thought “time for bed”. I’m sure J123 will be along soon to apologise for something or other.

Very few people complaining about 'wokeness' can state what it means, outside of 'things they don't like'. Which I guess was Itchy's point. Ironically these are the people most likely to label those that disagree with them as unthinking sheep.

Elon Musk FFS. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you know what woke means?

I'm not asking what you think it means, or what you want it to mean.

Do you actually know what it means?
Yes I do know what it means. But that is not what I believe they are talking about, my guess it would be what 'WOKE' has mutated into.

Yes I do know what it means. But that is not what I believe they are talking about, my guess it would be what 'WOKE' has mutated into.
What do you think it means though? As opposed to what you think its “mutated in to”.

Nice weather, a Sunday, only means one thing…

Carnage on here later today 🍻🍻🤣

Never mind hey! F1 is about to start, hell of a voice on the young Lady that sang the Belgian national anthem Fair Play.

So what you want it to mean then.
But it's only about ones personal opinions Itch, I don't understand why you get so irate about it. It puzzles me.

On the other hand, do you think i would believe somebody who cannot even get the price right of half a chicken and chips in Harvester , compared to a successful multi billionaire.. Serious question, why do you think that your opinion is more valid than his?

Surely we just soak everybody's opinion on board? Some may differ, and that's just it.. Who is the actual arbitrator these days, to call anything wrong?

If you would really like to explain why Elon Musk is wrong, and why you feel the need to berate anybody who thinks he may have a point. Could you please tell, in what manner, qualifications you have in this matter to form an opinion. At a guess, I would say you have zero, exactly the same as me, so please don't try to gaslight me pal.

Why do you think Musk is right? Why do you think “wokeness” is a threat to civilisation?

But it's only about ones personal opinions Itch, I don't understand why you get so irate about it. It puzzles me.

On the other hand, do you think i would believe somebody who cannot even get the price right of half a chicken and chips in Harvester , compared to a successful multi billionaire.. Serious question, why do you think that your opinion is more valid than his?

Surely we just soak everybody's opinion on board? Some may differ, and that's just it.. Who is the actual arbitrator these days, to call anything wrong?

If you would really like to explain why Elon Musk is wrong, and why you feel the need to berate anybody who thinks he may have a point. Could you please tell, in what manner, qualifications you have in this matter to form an opinion. At a guess, I would say you have zero, exactly the same as me, so please don't try to gaslight me pal.
I'm not irate about anything, you misinterpret me. The meaning of a word, as it is defined, is not an opinion is it? That's all I'm saying. I do find it odd though that you identify with someone like Elon Musk more than you do with some ordinary bloke on a football message board, as we at least have something in common, even though we don't share too many values.

The chicken and chips thing was just to demonstrate that you would be happy to pay 30-odd quid for a bar meal but you'd expect a niche Japanese restaurant to reduce their prices for a meal to fifteen quid just in case you didn't like it. I find that kind of thinking incoherent.

I didn't say Elon Musk was wrong - he may well understand the definition of 'woke', in which case I would disagree with him. If he doesn't understand the definition of 'woke' and has instead made up his own iterpretation as appears you have, there is no disagreement to be had. It's probably just nonsensical pandering to stupid people, and he probably has achieved his objective.

I don't need qualifications to read a definition of a word. Elon Musk isn't concerned about 'wokeness' unless it gets in his way of making a few quid. Why on earth you think being aware of injsutice or prejudice is a thread to civilisation is beyond my understanding.

I'm not your pal.

Does that answer your questions?(y)

I'm not irate about anything, you misinterpret me. The meaning of a word, as it is defined, is not an opinion is it? That's all I'm saying. I do find it odd though that you identify with someone like Elon Musk more than you do with some ordinary bloke on a football message board, as we at least have something in common, even though we don't share too many values.

The chicken and chips thing was just to demonstrate that you would be happy to pay 30-odd quid for a bar meal but you'd expect a niche Japanese restaurant to reduce their prices for a meal to fifteen quid just in case you didn't like it. I find that kind of thinking incoherent.

I didn't say Elon Musk was wrong - he may well understand the definition of 'woke', in which case I would disagree with him. If he doesn't understand the definition of 'woke' and has instead made up his own iterpretation as appears you have, there is no disagreement to be had. It's probably just nonsensical pandering to stupid people, and he probably has achieved his objective.

I don't need qualifications to read a definition of a word. Elon Musk isn't concerned about 'wokeness' unless it gets in his way of making a few quid. Why on earth you think being aware of injsutice or prejudice is a thread to civilisation is beyond my understanding.

I'm not your pal.

Does that answer your questions?(y)
Does it answer my question, err not really, but I am intrigued by your reply. I think that is the most words I have ever seen off you, and a couple of those are ringing alarm bells, which i will go through later. Got a full house at the moment, but i will get back to you, because frankly that reply is ridiculous. PAL

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back