• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wokeness is a threat to Civilization

I'm not irate about anything, you misinterpret me. The meaning of a word, as it is defined, is not an opinion is it? That's all I'm saying. I do find it odd though that you identify with someone like Elon Musk more than you do with some ordinary bloke on a football message board, as we at least have something in common, even though we don't share too many values.

The chicken and chips thing was just to demonstrate that you would be happy to pay 30-odd quid for a bar meal but you'd expect a niche Japanese restaurant to reduce their prices for a meal to fifteen quid just in case you didn't like it. I find that kind of thinking incoherent.

I didn't say Elon Musk was wrong - he may well understand the definition of 'woke', in which case I would disagree with him. If he doesn't understand the definition of 'woke' and has instead made up his own iterpretation as appears you have, there is no disagreement to be had. It's probably just nonsensical pandering to stupid people, and he probably has achieved his objective.

I don't need qualifications to read a definition of a word. Elon Musk isn't concerned about 'wokeness' unless it gets in his way of making a few quid. Why on earth you think being aware of injsutice or prejudice is a thread to civilisation is beyond my understanding.

I'm not your pal.

Does that answer your questions?(y)
Right, I have limited time currently, it's most probably my turn next on the PS5 virtual reality headset or whatever they call it..

So I guess my fist question is to you, how did you come the concusion on that thread, that I would be happy to pay 30 quid for a bar meal? I mean what way would you like this to go, when by the look you are just making stuff up. I mean I could call you a liar, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Where the hell did you get that from, Jesus bloody christ, it was not complicated what I said.

So, what does Woke mean, because I haven't got a clue?

I've long since lost track of what people mean by that word.

When I originally came across it, many years ago, it was in the context of black culture in America. It's often asked why black men especially don't vote as much as other segments of society, and one idea was that there is a fatalism about how much would change if they did vote; that voting doesn't make a difference as the 'system' will always work to their detriment to various degrees, or that the system is just too entrenched in ways that voting can't change - just a choice between 2 very similar sides of the same coin. Being aware of this was to be 'woke'. So 'wokeism' was a fatalism about effecting change through voting/democratic means.

edit - so thinking about it a little more - the idea of systemic racism/systemic problems with society that feeds into 'wokeism' naturally ties in with Critical Race Theory and left-leaning policy groups that propose policy ideas that look to subvert those inequalities, and this leads to ideas like 'Defund the Police', and I think that's how thinks like that get called 'woke'. Then you have those policy groups/academics proposing similar radical polices to overcome those perceived systemic issues covering all kinds of parts of society, including gender/sexuality/national identity etc, leading to all kinds of things being lumped in together as 'woke'.

btw -I have not researched or done a single google search to back this up - I'm just recalling how I remember it years ago. I could be well off on the original meaning.

Last edited:
I've long since lost track of what people mean by that word.

When I originally came across it, many years ago, it was in the context of black culture in America. It's often asked why black men especially don't vote as much as other segments of society, and one idea was that there is a fatalism about how much would change if they did vote; that voting doesn't make a difference as the 'system' will always work to their detriment to various degrees, or that the system is just too entrenched in ways that voting can't change - just a choice between 2 very similar sides of the same coin. Being aware of this was to be 'woke'. So 'wokeism' was a fatalism about effecting change through voting/democratic means.

edit - so thinking about it a little more - the idea of systemic racism/systemic problems with society that feeds into 'wokeism' naturally ties in with Critical Race Theory and left-leaning policy groups that propose policy ideas that look to subvert those inequalities, and this leads to ideas like 'Defund the Police', and I think that's how thinks like that get called 'woke'. Then you have those policy groups/academics proposing similar radical polices to overcome those perceived systemic issues covering all kinds of parts of society, including gender/sexuality/national identity etc, leading to all kinds of things being lumped in together as 'woke'.

btw -I have not researched or done a single google search to back this up - I'm just recalling how I remember it years ago. I could be well off on the original meaning.
Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues especially of racial and social injustice.

Aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues especially of racial and social injustice.
Thank you.

That isn't too hard to comprehend is it?

The only people who go on about 'woke' are the anti-woke mob. Woke people don't go around saying they are woke, they're just normal people.

It doesn't mean you have to be a tree-hugging-lefty-liberal, does it?

I wonder what the likes of J123 think it means, and why they think it is the end of civilisation?

I wonder what the likes of J123 think it means, and why they think it is the end of civilisation?
About 6 months ago, I quoted that or a similar definition to J123 and he said it doesn't mean that anymore which I took to mean that's not what he thinks it means. It's very hard to debate a topic with someone who doesn't believe that the definition of something is what it means.

Last edited:
Does it answer my question, err not really, but I am intrigued by your reply. I think that is the most words I have ever seen off you, and a couple of those are ringing alarm bells, which i will go through later. Got a full house at the moment, but i will get back to you, because frankly that reply is ridiculous. PAL
Do you remember the thread in the old board where I highlighted the same thing? All the UKIPer Trumptard types argued for days that it meant something other than what it actually means, otherwise they’d just have to admit that they’re either racist or xenophobic or some other prejudice. It was around the time of the Tampax thread - also initiated by J123 where him and Parlay pretty much broke the internet. I think they might have been in therapy ever since. Good times.

About 6 months ago, I quoted that or a similar definition to J123 and he said it doesn't mean that anymore which I took to mean that's not what he thinks it means. It's very hard to debate a topic with someone who doesn't believe that the definition of something is what it means.
Oh he absolutely knows what it means, it’s just him and his ilk want it to mean something else.

One of lifes ironies is that the woke community don't actually wake up in time for breakfast

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back