• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wonder who will replace them

PencoedJack

First Team Player
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jeff-stelling-gutted-after-best-22583050.amp

I’d bet good money Alex Scott will be seen on the show more often.

I like Scott as a presenter but not sure her presenting skills will be the main reason for getting the gig.

PencoedJack said:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jeff-stelling-gutted-after-best-22583050.amp

I like Scott as a presenter but not sure her presenting skills will be the main reason for getting the gig.

Her football analysis skills should be the reason as they are way superior to those three. Her presenting skills are fine. It’s the crisp munching cock on MOTD Or any of the assorted leering numpty ‘analysts’ that toss themselves off weekly with him she should replace.

PencoedJack said:

It will be interesting as whilst obvious why Sky are making the changes the ‘success’ of Soccer Saturday has very little to do with the presenters analytical skills (or even speaking/language ones!) but all about their interaction/banter/piss taking etc - Sky will have no problem finding better presenters with strong analytical and linguistic skills but too replace the ‘atmosphere’ will be more challenging & might need Jeff to move on too!

Thornburyswan said:
PencoedJack said:

It will be interesting as whilst obvious why Sky are making the changes the ‘success’ of Soccer Saturday has very little to do with the presenters analytical skills (or even speaking/language ones!) but all about their interaction/banter/piss taking etc - Sky will have no problem finding better presenters with strong analytical and linguistic skills but too replace the ‘atmosphere’ will be more challenging & might need Jeff to move on too!

I agree completely.

Not sure if viewing figures will increase if presenters with 'strong analytical and linguistic skills' replace the 'piss take/banter taking atmosphere'.

Personally I like the show as it is but each to their own.

PencoedJack said:
Thornburyswan said:

I agree completely.

Not sure if viewing figures will increase if presenters with 'strong analytical and linguistic skills' replace the 'piss take/banter taking atmosphere'.

Personally I like the show as it is but each to their own.

Same here. I thought that the chemistry between the panel was very good and part of the attraction. It never works as well when a sub is wheeled in.

Sky gave the reason as cost cutting so they won't be paying the replacements much

That rules out Chris sutton, one of the best imo

Best_loser said:
Sky gave the reason as cost cutting so they won't be paying the replacements much

Let’s wait & see who is in the hot seats the coming season.

Matt Murray has to be the worst pundit ever ( even worse than Thompson) bet he’s retained.

The middle aged white ex footballers will be in the minority next season I’m sure.

by
Best_loser said:

Chris Sutton, please say that’s a joke and I’ve taken the bait!

Risc said:
by
Best_loser said:

Me too

Risc said:
by
Best_loser said:

I don't particularly like Sutton, but he seems to split the audience pretty evenly. There are plenty that hate him and plenty that think he's great. To me that suggests he's doing something right. He's not a patch on the Waddler though when it comes to the radio.

Hopefully all the Sky departures are genuinely to do with money-saving. I didn't think much of Nicholas outside the banter and Thompson is painfully bad, but I like Le Tissier. Would be disappointed if his departure had anything to do with the BLM stuff. I disagree with his point of view on the issue, but he shouldn't be forced to show support to any issue if he doesn't want to.

The thing is, people watch these programmes to be entertained. I haven’t watched for years, but watching the scores roll in for 2 hours isn’t exactly the most exciting thing in the world. As much as Thompson, Merson and Nicholas can be a bit annoying, they have chemistry with Stelling (and Le Tissier). Would Man City’s last minute title win have been as exciting if it was some boring statto instead of Merson screaming away?

I’m sure there are many better analysts than the current lot, but that doesn’t entertain.

MrSwerve said:
The thing is, people watch these programmes to be entertained. I haven’t watched for years, but watching the scores roll in for 2 hours isn’t exactly the most exciting thing in the world. As much as Thompson, Merson and Nicholas can be a bit annoying, they have chemistry with Stelling (and Le Tissier). Would Man City’s last minute title win have been as exciting if it was some boring statto instead of Merson screaming away?

I’m sure there are many better analysts than the current lot, but that doesn’t entertain.

It’s a light hearted bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon, if it gets all analytical I’ll go back to watching the scores via ceefax :D

Best_loser said:

He’s the best plum. End of.

Cooperman said:
Best_loser said:

He’s the best plum. End of.

This says more about you and your predictably dull, party-line opinions.

Sutton, an innovative, clever striker that leveraged his intelligence to outsmart defences.

Way, way above your pay grade.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back