• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Wrexham?

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Fair play to them, but really?

I understood and was happy for Salford FC and Forest Green Rovers because they are funded by rich owners but the owners are also local fans. Wrexham is different and I'm certain that their investors would never be able to point them out on a map. When you think about it, if investors take a long term view there is no bar to anyone reaching the Premier League, unlike in the NFL, so it may be worth a gamble. In any case, as a Welsh club I'll be supporting them all the way, so long as we get to the Premier League first.

"(BBC) Owned by Hollywood megastars, with sponsorship deals with billion-dollar companies and wealth their league rivals cannot compete with, the Welsh club have enjoyed a huge recent upsurge in publicity. Wrexham are so famous, a Hollywood-style sign has been erected there while the club are going to be appearing in the world's most popular sports video game. One of the oldest clubs in the world is now one of the trendiest, with Hollywood fans and tie-ins with global brands. After 13 seasons of trying and failing to return to the Football League, Wrexham now enjoy a spotlight clubs higher up the pyramid can only dream of." etc.

And they are unbeaten in their first four matches - looking good.

Hmm, if they could buy Swansea from our owners for (I'm guessing) £70 million, or alternatively invest £70 million in Wrexham? For me, that's a close call.

Good luck to them. Everything I've read or seen about Rob McElhenny suggests that he's a stand up guy. Reynolds seems more like he's in it for the lark. Both could probably make a lot more money putting it somewhere else other than Wrexham.

Looks like they're going to use their fame as a means to grow the club through increasing commercial activity/Television deals rather than putting their own cash in anyway. TikTok pays a lot more than Ifor Williams Trailers.

Just shows how powerful genuine ambitious American owners can be.
No surprise with how much exposure the football club and town is having, American marketing when done properly has always been over the top and in your face.

I heard they'll be on next FIFA playstation game (I've no idea what an Xbox is from a matchbox!)

Good luck to them......but there'll be those that'll be celebrating every defeat or setback.
Some hate to see progression in this country.

I think Glyn is underestimating McElhenny and Reynolds by saying that they won’t know where Wrexham is.

On a bit of a tangent but 'It's always sunny in Philadelphia' is one of the funniest American programmes I've seen since 'Married with Children' :thumbsup:

They getting decent crowds and Wrexham were a second division side

Over 8,000 that was more than they used to get in the football league.

Good luck to them. How many fans would turn their noses out of the sort of package that’s been thrown at them. We’d be dancing in the streets.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back