• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yanks Out

Wasn’t there rumours a year or 2 back that the club was up for sale for around 30M?

That’s hell of a loss for them that I can’t see them taking.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Well there's two types of buyers , the first is the type we have now that look to make money from a club and the second type is the head of a country that needs to launder money through a football club, we need the second type which of course won't happen. To be quite honest I can't see why anyone would buy us in the state we are in now.

Has the goings on in Wrexham potentially spawned a third possible buyer? A famous person in search for more adulation and a sense of belonging? Other mega rich filmstars or musicians could look at whan Reynolds has created there and may want a piece of the action. That's where the fact that we've already made some inroads Stateside and have a movie to our name already could come in handy (thanks Huge). Well, we can always dream.

Risc said:
Charlie Morgan and his Vodka empire fancy taking over?

** tongue in cheek, no idea if him or his family have the money needed to run a football club at this level.

A quick look at their companies house page shows they made a profit after tax of just over £10m in both of the last two years, so going by the calculations above they would be in a position to take over in 5 years if profits remain at a similar level provided they're prepared to part with all their cash!

I'd imagine a company making that kind of profit could be an attractive proposition to potential buyers and could be sold for a significant amount of money.

TheLoneRanger said:
Screenshot_20230201-201144.jpg

:lol:

Yeah this transfer window was a pretty spectacular piece of work.
Would be harder to have a worse window than this if we actually tried.

Swansea93 said:
Wasn’t there rumours a year or 2 back that the club was up for sale for around 30M?

The decline will continue under them and a League 1 club will be worth more like £10M. Hard to see what their plan is.

monmouth said:
Sadly, if they sell, we may look back on them as a golden age. History says that selling clubs on the way down is directly proportional to the level of hopeless chancer of the buyer. We of all clubs should know this.

Our ‘fan” owners knew and did this when they put us back in play for personal enrichment. Like it or not, justify it or not, that’s the fact. They need to own it.

The trust, with one chance to get the funds to rescue the club at the inevitable conclusion also sold out for “a day as a director” that should also never be forgotten. Bunch of useless Ruperts.

Can't believe nothings been done about them a vote of no confidence etc?

Thing is they've obviously signed NDA's now, so no one knows what's going on.

I see Sheffield United are being bought for 90M by an African billionaire, nice for some.

Swansea93 said:
I see Sheffield United are being bought for 90M by an African billionaire, nice for some.

We humiliated them 4-0 when we were promoted in 2011 and they were relegated. Then we stayed there for 7 years on over £100m income per year, won a cup and played in europe, while they scraped around doing nothing.

That's the measure of our mismanagement since 2013.

Yanks in.

Until someone can show me another set of owners who are going to come in and not saddle us with an enormous debt, which will not guarantee success.

Owning / running a football club today, is on the whole, a definite money loser for most who try it. I'd rather watch my club in league 1 or 2, than not watch them at all.

Diolch.

Neath_Jack said:
Yanks in.

Until someone can show me another set of owners who are going to come in and not saddle us with an enormous debt, which will not guarantee success.

Owning / running a football club today, is on the whole, a definite money loser for most who try it. I'd rather watch my club in league 1 or 2, than not watch them at all.

Diolch.

Yeah we need some dictator who needs to launder his money to come in

Magic_Michu said:
Lots of fans (mainly on Swansea Supports Facebook Page) calling for Yanks Out.

I’ve yet to hear any explanation or viable alternative they want in?

Anyone friends with any billionaires?

Or more specifically, any billionaires who want to become millionaires.

Swansea93 said:

So, their only alternative is to get us into the Prem, then sell up at a price that ensures they get their money back and they won't achieve that without investing in good player recruitment, which they seem more than reluctant to do.

Maybe buying a club seemed like a good idea at the time but they were obviously too naive to realise that many a dreamer has tried that and failed before them. They are learning a very expensive lesson with no easy way out.

karnataka said:
So, their only alternative is to get us into the Prem, then sell up at a price that ensures they get their money back and they won't achieve that without investing in good player recruitment, which they seem more than reluctant to do.

Maybe buying a club seemed like a good idea at the time but they were obviously too naive to realise that many a dreamer has tried that and failed before them. They are learning a very expensive lesson with no easy way out.

Yep. And the way they’re going, it’s more likely we’ll end up back in L1 and then they’ll take an even bigger hit. I’d cut my losses if I was them - not sure what I’d say to all the investors though!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back