• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Zip World Tower Colliery Rhigos Mountain

Pacemaker

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
I was bought a voucher as a gift to ride the new Zip Wire from the top of Rhigos Mountain down to the formerTower Colliery site.

A great experience and great to see some investment going into the former coalfield areas, a good family day out for all ages.

I hope you enjoy it. They've done it differently to up here, its head first, wrapped up like a mummy at Penrhyn Quarry.
You southern softies get a nice chair to sit in.
No excuse not to have fish n chips from Penaluna's afterwards. I can also recommend the Victoria steak pies.

Pacemaker said:
I was bought a voucher as a gift to ride the new Zip Wire from the top of Rhigos Mountain down to the formerTower Colliery site.

A great experience and great to see some investment going into the former coalfield areas, a good family day out for all ages.

It does look good fun, but 50 quid for a minute or so fun, seems extortionate.

WxmJax said:
I hope you enjoy it. They've done it differently to up here, its head first, wrapped up like a mummy at Penrhyn Quarry.
You southern softies get a nice chair to sit in.
No excuse not to have fish n chips from Penaluna's afterwards. I can also recommend the Victoria steak pies.

I’ve done the one at Penrhyn. Incredible experience.

J_B said:
I’ve done the one at Penrhyn. Incredible experience.

I kept my head down as I wanted to be as streamlined as I could to win our "race"
Stupid decision as I missed the wonderful views across to Anglesey. I came 3rd out of 4.

Looking forward to trying the Rhigos one.

jack123 said:
Pacemaker said:

It does look good fun, but 50 quid for a minute or so fun, seems extortionate.

It’s not cheap but it’s a lot longer than a minute ( there are two rides as it is in two lengths due to length and the drop in height) but there is an obvious big investment in kit and infrastructure. A lot of staff who all appear well trained and kitted out, I hope that if people can afford it then they will use it as an investment in local jobs and attracts visitors to the area to spend money in local businesses. I am lucky enough to have visited NZ a few times and done a lot of the attractions there, bungee jumping is a lot more expensive and does last less than a minute, jet boats are again not cheap, it’s all about trying a new thrill seeking experience that you can’t do anywhere else.

The view across Graig Y Llyn and over to the Beacons was superb.

I didn't know you'd already done it. I'm hoping that amongst the views you can see down to Mumbles.

No you can’t see down to Mumbles it is predominantly North facing so your view are towards Brecon Beacons and Merthyr, it is the highest point in the old Glamorgan county at about 600m so you can see a fair bit of S Wales in most directions from the launch pad and on the Zip itself.

The sitting down part is actually quite good as you can swing around to see around you, it’s not actually a chair but part of the safety harness, you can speed up or slow down by pulling on straps, however if you are over a certain weight they pull out a small parachute to try and slow you down a bit to make sure you land smoothly.

It's the being in the "chair" that I'm not comfortable with. At Penrhyn you're lying down, all wrapped up and can't move so although I hate heights I'm ok if I feel safe.
They come from all over the UK for the that one, hopefully the Rhigos Tower will do wonders for the local tourist economy.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back