• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea suing Russell Martin

magicdaps10

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Oh my days!
We really have sunk to new levels with this.

Not going to do us any favours going into the summer.

Oh my days!
We really have sunk to new levels with this.

Not going to do us any favours going into the summer.
One side will win and one will lose.

Let’s just hope we get what we’re owed. Times are hard and we cannot be at a disadvantage because of the actions an individual in the wrong. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Why not? Screw the flop haired ponce for every penny. He can sell a few more vegan burgers and pay up.
Suing him for going to another club whilst under contract! It's like it has never happened before!

Just settle up on the compo with Soton and move on.

What next, suing players who get injured during the duration of their contract?
Seems to be as suggested the guys over the pond and in so typifies a typical American approach.

Difficult to comment because we know nothing of the club's argument. But in theory Martin did have a contract and if he initiated going to Southampton and walking out before we had ended negotiations with Southampton, then we're well within our rights to go after him.

Beating Cardiff 4 times is completely irrelevant.

Suing him for going to another club whilst under contract! It's like it has never happened before!

Seems to be as suggested the guys over the pond and in so typifies a typical American approach.
Yes, but that's the point - we obviously can't come to an agreement with Southampton. I'm not one to defend the people running the club but if we were able to come to an agreement with Southampton, I doubt we'd be taking this course of action.

Was Martin ill and unable to manage us then? Otherwise your injury reference is completely moot.

I hope that the club’s legal advice is better than the time they went after the builders of the stadium and lost. They seem to like a suit.

And God forbid should the club be using 'London based lawyers' for this litigation.

Yeah sure, if we’d sacked the gormless plum, he wouldn’t have expected compensation for breach of contract. I know you’re pining after him and pretend not to Daps, but if we’re due it, we need to get it.

The bigger issue is whether we are actually due it. As Joe says, they do seem to like a lawsuit whether they have a leg to stand on or not. Very Tannish in that regard.

Sorry mate but when a manager gets sacked they get thier compensation, and rightly so, I've never heard of a manager refuse a pay up.
Same rules should apply if a manager jumps ship...

Interesting that we are suing RM rather than Southampton.
It says that Southampton have already paid what they believe they are entitled to pay (roughly 1m)
Either we lost a tribunal (if we did Southampton would have gladly posted all about it on their OS) or we are after that money in addition to going after RM for forcing our decision to accept Southampton's approach by walking out while under contract

If its the latter then I don't know of any previous precedent for this to go from coming to immediate memory

Interesting that we are suing RM rather than Southampton.
It says that Southampton have already paid what they believe they are entitled to pay (roughly 1m)
Either we lost a tribunal (if we did Southampton would have gladly posted all about it on their OS) or we are after that money in addition to going after RM for forcing our decision to accept Southampton's approach by walking out while under contract

If its the latter then I don't know of any previous precedent for this to go from coming to immediate memory
As you say.........when has this ever happened previously.

It's a bit embarrassing from our side and morally does us no favours and possibly financially down the line will cost us more IF we do get anything short term from this route.

As you say.........when has this ever happened previously.

It's a bit embarrassing from our side and morally does us no favours and possibly financially down the line will cost us more IF we do get anything short term from this route.
So what else was written in the contract?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back