• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Joe Allen

Magic_Michu

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
BBC are starting filming a documentary today following Joe Allen…

… he’ll be here next season

Of could it be their last chance while is still a player?

Lazy decision if he's offered anything remotely expensive or not appearance linked. We need a more reliable option that still has 'legs'. I can't get excited about him still being here, as luvs Joe, but he can't be allowed to 'bed block'.

Allen on one leg is better than Fulton...
I'm 66 and I'd fancy my chances on one leg against the current version of Fulton Jaxs. I don't expect the club to pay me thousands a week though.

I'm 66 and I'd fancy my chances on one leg against the current version of Fulton Jaxs. I don't expect the club to pay me thousands a week though.
Hahah fair, I doubt if we'd pay Allen a fortune for another 12 months, and I don't think he'd be expecting it, the reason I suspect Joe will be back next season is he'd have surely announced his retirement before today's game if his time was up.
With the pot looking increasingly empty for new recruitment next campaign Joe's experience could come in handy (even for a dozen or so games) ...

Im glad Joe is staying. He is not 38 and nothing left in him he is still a model pro with huge experience great determination and a skill level and vision that is still way above many on the field. It is clear that he has slowed down but he is not finished.

Im glad Joe is staying. He is not 38 and nothing left in him he is still a model pro with huge experience great determination and a skill level and vision that is still way above many on the field. It is clear that he has slowed down but he is not finished.
That’s only completely true if we can get at least thirty league games out of him next season. I’m not sure we can.

Hope he's going to transition into coaching. Not against him being given a new contract but it has to be on a Naughton level chicken feed wage and the club has to realise we still need more / better in central midfield

Hmm. Not sure about that. He might be a Jack, but we need to try and rebuild around someone who can play regularly. (Someone like Travis at Blackburn seems available and has about 8 years more legs in him, for example).

Hmm. Not sure about that. He might be a Jack, but we need to try and rebuild around someone who can play regularly. (Someone like Travis at Blackburn seems available and has about 8 years more legs in him, for example).
If he can keep Fulton out of the team for at least half the season then thats worth it in my eyes.

In all seriousness though I agree that a proper long term successor as a worthy partner to Matt Grimes (or a replacement if we were ever to sell him) is the third of our top three priorities this summer behind a striker and goalkeeper. Interesting to see if we manage to win the competition for that Scottish lad who has been hyped up quite a lot.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back