• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

“I have seen more entertaining things come out of GBNews” – a view on the Swans?

Copamundial said:
Risc said:
So just to clarify, Martin being a pro football manager, saying we were good and you agreeing makes Lisa's opinion null and void? I happen to agree with her, we were far from a class above they could have easily scored a couple more.

Not one to rely on stats but a 74% - 26% ratio tells me we were a class apart.
We also had several chances to win it you seemed to have overlooked that, plus we played far more football in the final third than we did last season.

Did you expect us to go to little old Rotherham and steamroller them,I’ve followed the club for forty five years and experience tells me that is rarely the case.

Lisa is entitled to her opinion but I guess there’s a reason why none of us on here are professional footballers or managers.

No it means there's two contrasting style of plays, and we keep the ball well. I didn't expect us to steamroll them no, but not going to sit here and say we were levels apart from little old Rotherham either, because
we weren't. With the 26% possession they still managed to muster up 3 more shots on target than we did with our 74%, one of ours being a 30 yard screamer by Harry Darling of course.

Does Paul Warne class as a professional manager? Because he was frustrated with the chances his side missed aswell, I'm guessing his opinion must hold some weight.

Risc said:
Copamundial said:
We also had several chances to win it you seemed to have overlooked that, plus we played far more football in the final third than we did last season.

Did you expect us to go to little old Rotherham and steamroller them,I’ve followed the club for forty five years and experience tells me that is rarely the case.

Lisa is entitled to her opinion but I guess there’s a reason why none of us on here are professional footballers or managers.

No it means there's two contrasting style of plays, and we keep the ball well. I didn't expect us to steamroll them no, but not going to sit here and say we were levels apart from little old Rotherham either, because
we weren't. With the 26% possession they still managed to muster up 3 more shots on target than we did with our 74%, one of ours being a 30 yard screamer by Harry Darling of course.

Does Paul Warne class as a professional manager? Because he was frustrated with the chances his side missed aswell, I'm guessing his opinion must hold some weight.

Ok you win …happy?

Copamundial said:
Risc said:
So just to clarify, Martin being a pro football manager, saying we were good and you agreeing makes Lisa's opinion null and void? I happen to agree with her, we were far from a class above they could have easily scored a couple more.

How often then should having more possession than the opposition should result in victories. I would guess last season we probably did it in 90% of our games. Yet we won just over 33%. I fail to see that massive % of possession makes you the classier side. Stats are overrated results aren't. However that's just my opinion and you are more than entitled to yours.

Copamundial said:
Risc said:

Ok you win …happy?

I've not won anything? Just have a different opinion to you on the game Saturday, just making a point that Russ Martin isn't the oracle.

CurtessECarr said:
Copamundial said:

How often then should having more possession than the opposition should result in victories. I would guess last season we probably did it in 90% of our games. Yet we won just over 33%. I fail to see that massive % of possession makes you the classier side. Stats are overrated results aren't. However that's just my opinion and you are more than entitled to yours.

Stats can be misleading, on this occasion though I believe they reflected my belief that we were a class apart.

Several Rotherham fans I spoke to after the game also complemented us on the quality of our football.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back