• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

John Cornforth Interview

Nostalgia overload. The club, and football in general, was a different beast back then to what it is today.

I remember when we were 13-14 and we used to jump on a train and go and watch Wales. We used to go under the Arms Park and wait for the players leave the bar and get autographs.
When it was John’s debut, him and his Dad walked back to the train station with us and made sure we got there ok. Lovely memory with our hero.

What a great interview. Absolute class, and a lovely man. Legend.

My hero growing up was Cornforth. Whilst all my mates were United, Leeds and Villa fans......i was supporting 3rd division Swansea and raving about John Cornforth, they remind me to this day about me raving about him.
As crazy as it sounds, I preffered those days under Burrows over the Premier league years.

Great days and ones when I think back fondly about the Swans are the days I'm instantly taken to.

Last edited:
My memory of Cornforth was him and Ampadu coming in the away end during our 7-0 thrashing at Fulham.. joined in all our songs. Not that there were many 2nd half

My hero growing up was Cornforth. Whilst all my mates were United, Leeds and Villa fans......i was supporting 3rd division Swansea and raving about John Cornforth, they remind me to this day about me raving about him.
As crazy as it sounds, I preffered those days under Burrows over the Premier league years.

Great days and ones when I think back fondly about the Swans are the days I'm instantly taken to.
That Burrows team of 92/93 was something. Good strong characters like Chopper, Keith Walker, Roger and Corny. Then the flair of Leggy(turncoat) and Bowen. The only thing lacking was an out and out scorer.
If it wasn’t for Wests stupidity in the second leg at West Brom, I think we’d have come back and then who knows.

Norwich City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members

Members online

Back