• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Derek Underwood RIP ...

TheLoneRanger

Alan Curtis
Reaction score

RIP "Deadly"

Remember chatting to him down on the boundary at St. Helens one Sunday...he was a lovely guy/great character.
RIP...another great gone.

Willie Limond the Scottish boxer who put Khan on his arse in his early years, went far to young at 45 shocking!

I only saw him play a couple of times. Once at Sophia Gardens where Kent won easily and once at St Helens where conditions were so unhelpful he bowled at medium pace, and Glamorgan still struggled to score off him. Kent won easily again.

Remember chatting to him down on the boundary at St. Helens one Sunday...he was a lovely guy/great character.
RIP...another great gone.
I had a similar chat with Andy Caddick on the St Helens boundary many moons ago. He was out of the England side at the time and playing one of those early round B&H Cup/Natwest Trophy (I forget which it was) games against Wales minor counties. It was a typically cloudy and bleak Swansea summer day but I was a bit pissed so started chatting to him between balls. He tolerated my inane drunken ramblings well enough fair play and I finished by telling him he should be playing for England before sauntering off to get another beer. He was recalled the following weekend and stayed in the team for a few years. So you could argue that I rescued Andy Caddick’s test career. :ROFLMAO:

I had a similar chat with Andy Caddick on the St Helens boundary many moons ago. He was out of the England side at the time and playing one of those early round B&H Cup/Natwest Trophy (I forget which it was) games against Wales minor counties. It was a typically cloudy and bleak Swansea summer day but I was a bit pissed so started chatting to him between balls. He tolerated my inane drunken ramblings well enough fair play and I finished by telling him he should be playing for England before sauntering off to get another beer. He was recalled the following weekend and stayed in the team for a few years. So you could argue that I rescued Andy Caddick’s test career. :ROFLMAO:
He was probably afraid of ending up a drunk after witnessing you in a state and got his act together instead;)😂

Wife was in a worse state than me that day. Sunstroke she said it was. Aye aye. :ROFLMAO:
I used get into some states watching the Neath Cricket team on a lovely warm Saturday or even a Sunday sitting out there drinking Bow all day of all stuff, they'd be a gang of us there with our boys [great excuse] they used to play for the junior section. I won't touch that poison these days.

So miss St. Helens for cricket , The late great Sir Clive LLoyd , playing fot Lancashire , chatting to the the die hard supporters sitting on them wooden benches , Glamorgans Jones brothers too , could chat to them .

Did try to talk to Javed Miandad outside the ground after play on one occasion , he was polite but not interested..

Another name from my fond memories of County Cricket has left us alas .

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back