• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Derek Chauvin

Oh right. I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. I found the repeated posting of a video showing cops killing a white person, so as to excuse the racism and murder in this case utterly vile and offensive. I was called a c*nt and all sorts of hateful things yet those users had their posts deleted and I was eventually banned for saying those that hate the knee hate it. Funny.

sainthelens said:
Darran said:
He doesn’t seem to give a f*ck.

He's probably safer in prison.

I imagine prison will be full of big, burley black blokes. I doubt a cop will be safe in there for long.

sainthelens said:
Darran said:
I said on the old site the way they talk and are talking about Floyd is bizarre.
The bloke was scum but didn’t deserve to die for this crime.

That whole country is fckd up.
Made worse with no promotion/relegation.

A reluctant :D

Itchysphincter said:
Oh right. I agreed with you then and I agree with you now. I found the repeated posting of a video showing cops killing a white person, so as to excuse the racism and murder in this case utterly vile and offensive. I was called a c*nt and all sorts of hateful things yet those users had their posts deleted and I was eventually banned for saying those that hate the knee hate it. Funny.

I believe that showing that cops kill white people as well in the US is a balance that shows everyone can be at risk, I dispute the thought that believing the police in the US are overall violent and not every time a black person is killed by a policeman is because the policeman is a racist is in itself racism.

It appears, especially on this board, discussion is not allowed, because if you disagree with certain posters then the racist label comes out far too quick, shutting down the ability to even discuss it.

The issues in the US are, like most things, complex.

Are there racist police in the US? Yes
Are all police in the US racist? No

Is every black person killed by police in the US an act of racism? No

There was no proof that the Chauvin case in itself was a racist act, the Police officer, Chauvin, acted like a thug, there was nothing to show he didn't act the same with any suspect.

There's the case now of the 16 year old girl, very tragic and she herself apparently called the police. The video cam clearly shows she had a knife in her hand and was actively attempting to stab (murder) another person. Yet they are marching in the streets!

Personally I believe racism is a part of the issue, not necessarily Police racism, more to do with poverty and the racism which restricts a person of colour's ability to rise out of it. White people suffer poverty too, but as a percentage of population I hazard to guess that black people suffer the most.

The gun problem is also part of the issue, not in Chauvin's case obviously, but the expectation of a suspect pulling a gun would make a police officer wary for their own life.

I think the issues are complex and will never be solved if discussion is suppressed.

ABSwan said:
Itchysphincter said:

I believe that showing that cops kill white people as well in the US is a balance that shows everyone can be at risk, I dispute the thought that believing the police in the US are overall violent and not every time a black person is killed by a policeman is because the policeman is a racist is in itself racism.

It appears, especially on this board, discussion is not allowed, because if you disagree with certain posters then the racist label comes out far too quick, shutting down the ability to even discuss it.

The issues in the US are, like most things, complex.

Are there racist police in the US? Yes
Are all police in the US racist? No

Is every black person killed by police in the US an act of racism? No

There was no proof that the Chauvin case in itself was a racist act, the Police officer, Chauvin, acted like a thug, there was nothing to show he didn't act the same with any suspect.

There's the case now of the 16 year old girl, very tragic and she herself apparently called the police. The video cam clearly shows she had a knife in her hand and was actively attempting to stab (murder) another person. Yet they are marching in the streets!

Personally I believe racism is a part of the issue, not necessarily Police racism, more to do with poverty and the racism which restricts a person of colour's ability to rise out of it. White people suffer poverty too, but as a percentage of population I hazard to guess that black people suffer the most.

The gun problem is also part of the issue, not in Chauvin's case obviously, but the expectation of a suspect pulling a gun would make a police officer wary for their own life.

I think the issues are complex and will never be solved if discussion is suppressed.

Whatever.

Itchysphincter said:

I had a look at a similar thread to this on a site not a million miles from here. Bloody hell! AB thinks we shut down debate on here! It's like a right-wing extremists circle-jerk fantasy over there with the facts being of precisely zero importance.

JackSomething said:
Itchysphincter said:

I had a look at a similar thread to this on a site not a million miles from here. Bloody hell! AB thinks we shut down debate on here! It's like a right-wing extremists circle-jerk fantasy over there with the facts being of precisely zero importance.

Why do people care so deeply about it?
It baffles me,they must lead such sad lives.

Darran said:
JackSomething said:

Because the automatic association of any incident with racism (whether true or not) usually creates a hostile reaction.

Then the inability for people to sit down and talk about it and find solutions sees the issue spiraling which is then a threat to anyone who doesn't stand in line.

Right now we have a random attacks on Asian people which is close to home with me, this morning after seeing highlighted on the news, the wife said how she hoped our girls wouldn't get picked on, I was worried more for her, though luckily its more South of the border.

ABSwan said:
Darran said:

Because the automatic association of any incident with racism (whether true or not) usually creates a hostile reaction.

Then the inability for people to sit down and talk about it and find solutions sees the issue spiraling which is then a threat to anyone who doesn't stand in line.

Right now we have a random attacks on Asian people which is close to home with me, this morning after seeing highlighted on the news, the wife said how she hoped our girls wouldn't get picked on, I was worried more for her, though luckily its more South of the border.

Fair point P but I didn’t exactly mean you.

Darran said:
ABSwan said:

Fair point P but I didn’t exactly mean you.

It’s a fair point but a bit one eyed. Claiming a racial motivation for everything is damaging, I agree. But so is denying that there’s ever a racial motivation. Not that I’m accusing Groo of the latter of course.

This guy get's it!!

I cannot understand why other fail to grasp, and understand what is happening, anyway I'll leave it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wNpsPEso

jack123 said:
This guy get's it!!

I cannot understand why other fail to grasp, and understand what is happening, anyway I'll leave it here.

Forgive me if I choose not to listen to someone who can't even understand the quote function. ;)

JackSomething said:
jack123 said:
This guy get's it!!

Forgive me if I choose not to listen to someone who can't even understand the quote function. ;)

That's ok, I understand.

No problem if you don't want to watch, I fear it may you confuse you anyway, watching a black man with an alternative view.

jack123 said:
JackSomething said:

That's ok, I understand.

No problem if you don't want to watch, I fear it may you confuse you anyway, watching a black man with an alternative view.

Your attempts to sound intelligent are very funny.

JackSomething said:
jack123 said:
That's ok, I understand.

Your attempts to sound intelligent are very funny.

Go on, I can take it. :lol:

Geez, no need for the abuse, either watch the video or don't.

Right, time to hit the garden, it's a beautiful day.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back