• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

20 mph limits

Even so, there will be IMO, not a lot of changes, I look at the wording there in that BBC report, schools hospitals and also built up areas, and that there is universal support for 20mph being targeted there. I would be surprised if it's a total reversal of what they implemented, back last September, it will be one or two roads off.

Built up areas, housing estates? I think that's how they will keep the majority of roads at 20mph in Swansea on. Even the main roads, running through it. I hope I am wrong.

Edit: And just to say about this 20mph limit around schools, is absolutely ridiculous, when the kids are actually coming out, my speed is below 10, or say 5, because you never know when they could step out. Any large crowds, you just slow right down. It's only for a short stretch of road, so I doubt anyone would have a problem with that. I think my pet hate at the moment is that road in LLewitha, it's the quietest road for pedestrians I have ever seen, and also the pavements are set way back from the road, it was bad enough when it was 30, now that's a 20.. Would that count as a built up area?, I am thinking it will, so if that's the case this announcement will do not a great deal of change.
I don’t agree with your point about schools. Well done you for slowing down to 10 mph, I would hope that most slow down in higher risk areas, but many won’t. This is the reason why risks assessments should have been undertaken, rather than the almost blanket speed restriction.

There is a time and a place for 20 mph limits, our politicians just didn’t judge it correctly.

This reminds me of some of the road modifications around Swansea in recent years. They make a complete pigs ear of it, then eventually they improve it.

The bendybus-influenced Russian roulette traffic flow along Kingsway, and the dire bus lane on Neath Road with the right turn into Pentre Mawr. They were both utterly obviously idiotic. They're ok now.

Is there something in the Welsh psyche that means this is just how things get done here? I wonder sometimes.
Its the true cost of these monumental fukups that's concerning, the idiot just wouldn't listen, same as that necessary bypass road past those dreadful tunnels, these 50mph restrictions on M4 are another travesty, all they cause is a build up of traffic, with these gas guzzling artic lorries polluting the air that these speed limits was supposed to help.

This reminds me of some of the road modifications around Swansea in recent years. They make a complete pigs ear of it, then eventually they improve it.

The bendybus-influenced Russian roulette traffic flow along Kingsway, and the dire bus lane on Neath Road with the right turn into Pentre Mawr. They were both utterly obviously idiotic. They're ok now.

Is there something in the Welsh psyche that means this is just how things get done here? I wonder sometimes.
When I think of the Kingsway and the bendy buses, only one thing comes to mind, the amount of poor buggers that lost their lives getting knocked over.

It's still a shambles, they have made it as narrow as possible, and for some bizarre reason thought it would be a great idea to have a bus stop there, so basically everyone is stuck behind it, when a lot of people are getting on. I would love to know the thought process behind some of these planners thinking.

With idiots like this, I can see why they are trying to drop the speed limit, nearly 80 in a 40 FFS, kills a man down to his actions, And gets 3 years, with good behavior yeah that's a right deterrent,

I must admit, I get the odd rush of blood, and do 40 in a 20, which was previously 30, and I did think the other day to myself, why the hell I done it, if some kid had run out, and me doing that speed they would have stood no chance, and I was just doing that speed for shits and giggles, music blasting, it's ok, it's only 10 miles over the proper speed limit. But I ferked up, that was not a good place to increase my speed. Because I could not see any small children, behind the parked cars. Will not happen again, because if it did, I would be exactly the same as that person who I posted previous, who killed somebody, due to his horrific driving.

When I think of the Kingsway and the bendy buses, only one thing comes to mind, the amount of poor buggers that lost their lives getting knocked over.

It's still a shambles, they have made it as narrow as possible, and for some bizarre reason thought it would be a great idea to have a bus stop there, so basically everyone is stuck behind it, when a lot of people are getting on. I would love to know the thought process behind some of these planners thinking.

The Kingsway has had more road layouts than pretty much any road in the UK In the last 30 years and not a single one improved it IMO from the original two lanes in each direction with a roundabout at either end,

I do remember driving along there one day with one of the weird layouts and saw someone hit by a bus which I would put down purely to the poor design.

Meanwhile we all drive around trying to avoid the potholes that live everywhere amongst us.

You should all become a buswunker like me. Couldnt give a fk what the speed limit is.
I put my money where my money where my mouth is. I don't talk about being more eco friendly. I am more eco friendly.
I have a driving licence but I haven't driven since the mid 2000s.
Get the bus you nerds.

With idiots like this, I can see why they are trying to drop the speed limit, nearly 80 in a 40 FFS, kills a man down to his actions, And gets 3 years, with good behavior yeah that's a right deterrent,

I’d argue the fact he was doing 80mph in a 40 suggests he has little regard to the speed limit what ever it was. I’d like to see people driving like this get much bigger sentences from the Courts.

I’d argue the fact he was doing 80mph in a 40 suggests he has little regard to the speed limit what ever it was. I’d like to see people driving like this get much bigger sentences from the Courts.
Should be 10yrs minimum.

Should be 10yrs minimum.
I've been looking at this, it seems the max sentence for death by dangerous driving is 14 years, and the sentencing is based on 4 tiers of culpability, it seems this chap who killed somebody was deemed in the third category which the sentencing guidelines say you will recieve between 4 and half to seven years in custody. The next level up then is 7-14 years.

I could never be a judge, when I look at the definition of culpability in legal terms, it means when a person could be held morally or legally responsible for action or inaction, which I can't get my head around, surely if you jump in a car, and do 80 in a 40, and kill someone, then you are highly responsible for that action. I can see why they have tiers, like for example you are on a motorway, and make a mistake and go into a lane at the wrong time, and sadly the person you hit loses their life. But if I decided to do 80 going down Llangyfelach Road and hit somebody, then surely I would be highly responsible for that action?

Swansea City v Millwall

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back