• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season rating

Main positive from this season is that we started to reverse the damage done by ‘Russ’, who painted us into a corner by getting rid of all of our wingers and training anyone with a smattering of pace to reduce the tempo to a crawl. If we can hold on to Ronald, Placheta and maybe Lowe then we will start next season in a much stronger position than we started this season, whatever limitations Placheta in particular may have in terms of final product. If ‘The Swansea Way’ ever meant anything, it meant possession + pace + attacking intent, not passing the ball in front of the goalkeeper until we lose possession and the other side score.

Biggest single negatives for me were threefold.

#1 our loanees disappointed, GK excepted. However, that was their fault, not ours. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think any of them were played out of position, or subjected to favouritism or stupid mind games - they all had a chance to shine and none of them did. Well, maybe Patino showed some promise at times but not enough to earn a starting berth. So I hope we’ll still be contenders for loan players from the wealthiest clubs in the EPL next season.

#2 we made a huge mistake signing Yates and didn’t correct that in the winter window. Nor did we sign the CM we obviously need to partner Grimes. I understand why we prioritised wingers this last window, but the spine needs sorting urgently

#3 It continues to be a lottery as to which Swans squad will turn up - the super-motivated, run-until-my-legs-give-up players who showed up at Cardiff (H), Millwall (A), or the ones who seem like they can’t be bothered to break a sweat. Let’s hope Williams can sort this out for next season.

So all in all, a disappointing season but one where we can genuinely see the green shoots of recovery. Which is more than can be said for the previous two yawn-fests. 5/10 for me (and 1/10 for 2021-22 and -9/10 for 2022-23).

Main positive from this season is that we started to reverse the damage done by ‘Russ’, who painted us into a corner by getting rid of all of our wingers and training anyone with a smattering of pace to reduce the tempo to a crawl. If we can hold on to Ronald, Placheta and maybe Lowe then we will start next season in a much stronger position than we started this season, whatever limitations Placheta in particular may have in terms of final product. If ‘The Swansea Way’ ever meant anything, it meant possession + pace + attacking intent, not passing the ball in front of the goalkeeper until we lose possession and the other side score.

Biggest single negatives for me were threefold.

#1 our loanees disappointed, GK excepted. However, that was their fault, not ours. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think any of them were played out of position, or subjected to favouritism or stupid mind games - they all had a chance to shine and none of them did. Well, maybe Patino showed some promise at times but not enough to earn a starting berth. So I hope we’ll still be contenders for loan players from the wealthiest clubs in the EPL next season.

#2 we made a huge mistake signing Yates and didn’t correct that in the winter window. Nor did we sign the CM we obviously need to partner Grimes. I understand why we prioritised wingers this last window, but the spine needs sorting urgently

#3 It continues to be a lottery as to which Swans squad will turn up - the super-motivated, run-until-my-legs-give-up players who showed up at Cardiff (H), Millwall (A), or the ones who seem like they can’t be bothered to break a sweat. Let’s hope Williams can sort this out for next season.

So all in all, a disappointing season but one where we can genuinely see the green shoots of recovery. Which is more than can be said for the previous two yawn-fests. 5/10 for me (and 1/10 for 2021-22 and -9/10 for 2022-23).
Actually we did play some players out of position, but when we did it was out of necessity I feel, rather than persisting with a formation we didn’t have the players for. I would hope the parent clubs of any loanees who suffered as a result would understand that.

Actually we did play some players out of position, but when we did it was out of necessity I feel, rather than persisting with a formation we didn’t have the players for. I would hope the parent clubs of any loanees who suffered as a result would understand that.
Single negative = threefold.
Bizarre.

This thread has been warmly received, thanks to all who have chipped in so far.

The theme I'm taking from the responses so far is that my 4/10 marking was possibly too generous 😄
It's a good thread, thanks for starting in the first place 🙏🏼

You're obviously a glass half full type of person, nothing wrong with being too generous 😂

Single negative = threefold.
Bizarre.
Would it be easier for you to understand if I use the synonym "individual" instead of "single" in that sentence? As opposed to general negatives, of which there were a great many.

Positives for me: Cardiff at home, showed what we can do, atmosphere created by the fans was superb. Rushworth, top young keeper who has the potential to go to the top. Williams, felt like he and the club had regained a plan and direction.

Negatives: Loans, too many for the sake of it, many clearly not good enough. Last summers transfer window, less said the better. Jerry Yates, we are going to have to take a big loss to get rid. Reviva coffee tastes like shite.

Been the an awful season overall, wasn't going to renew but couldn't bring myself not to. Not looking forward to next season as a lot depends on Watson having an exceptional transfer window, something I don't know if he's capable of.

Positives for me: Cardiff at home, showed what we can do, atmosphere created by the fans was superb. Rushworth, top young keeper who has the potential to go to the top. Williams, felt like he and the club had regained a plan and direction.

Negatives: Loans, too many for the sake of it, many clearly not good enough. Last summers transfer window, less said the better. Jerry Yates, we are going to have to take a big loss to get rid. Reviva coffee tastes like shite.

Been the an awful season overall, wasn't going to renew but couldn't bring myself not to. Not looking forward to next season as a lot depends on Watson having an exceptional transfer window, something I don't know if he's capable of.
That transfer window you mention, the biggest one in a long time.

That transfer window you mention, the biggest one in a long time.
Upcoming one is huge, once a club starts to slide it can be hard to stop. We bought a lot in last summer, not many successes. This one needs a big turnover to give us a chance.

What number is the same as sh*t? Poor season with very few positives, and even those wouldn’t be especially notable in the better teams (Rushworth decent shot stopper but iffy distribution at times; Grimes reliable but not outstanding; Tymon came on well but way off the better full backs; Ronald got some bums off seats, but too little too late).

The main plus is that despite the incompetent leadership and management we somehow managed to dig in enough at times to avoid a relegation battle (although it was looking close at times).

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back