• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

22/23 The Official Watford FC v The Swans Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Watford win

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm SO proud of those lads tonight, they showed something rarely seen in Martin's teams to date. TRUE GRIT! Refused to be bullied by the Watford thugs, played football and took one for the team when they had to. Feckin brilliant. Bring on Sunderland!

What a bonkers 2nd half that was.
Great win and on a good run too.
Marvellous

PSumbler said:
Outstanding result

6th place

Fk knows how :lol:

I'll take that though. There's some spirit out there, even if we'd make Charles Hawtrey look good in both boxes.

I had gone for a 3-1 win, I will happily accept 2-1 though.

Unlike against WBA we didn't shrink away for a significant part of the game letting the other side back into it. While not at our creative best we didn't hand over the pace of the game on a plate and fought for it the whole time.

Piroe did some great work in the corners late on.

Never thought I'd say this. Well done Russ. That's two great away wins. Just give Kyle a rest.

Outstanding win, I knew we’d beat them if we had a go. Win against Sunderland now and we’re looking very good.

Three wins on the bounce
6 points off too
Wins away at West Brom and Watford
The original system is dead, long live the new Russell Martin

Pegojack said:
I'm SO proud of those lads tonight, they showed something rarely seen in Martin's teams to date. TRUE GRIT! Refused to be bullied by the Watford thugs, played football and took one for the team when they had to. Feckin brilliant. Bring on Sunderland!

It really helps when you have a keeper at the back who doesn't scare the crap out of the defence. I can't remember exactly, but hasn't this sudden upturn coincided with Benda coming in? Obviously it's not all down to him, but sometimes it's best to put your foot through it just to give the defence time to regroup.

Congratulations lads. I'm in a London office pretending to work, so I haven't seen the game yet but it sounds like our team showed some real grit in the second half.

A couple of questions for the stats experts here. This season, how many points have we dropped or gained from the 80th minute onwards? And, more easy, how many goals have we scored or conceded from the 80th minute onwards? I've no idea myself, but perhaps we're getting back to evens?

Has Bruce got his latest pay off yet? Talk about money for old rope.

That Benda save and Wood block on the line so important, they won’t get much recognition compared to the “stars’ BUT so important to that result, 2-0 and the game would have been over.

Great team effort we look a bit more street wise now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back