• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

22/23 The Official Watford FC v The Swans Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Watford win

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Swans win

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Skippyjack said:
Naughton and Grimes the undroppable having stinkers, Sorinola belongs in League Two, how is he still in the team

Because we haven't got anyone else I imagine. It's not exactly a squad stacked full of quality options (it's barely a full squad at all).

Shame there. Decent free kick routine. Looked well off from the replay.
And then Naughs having a stinker, again.

Latibeaudierre and I'm being serious, at least he can defend, even though he's garbage out there

Tbf I think Watford did the build up for their goal quite well it was fast and confusion in the box for me. granted we shouldn't have let it get that far. but I still like the way we are playing, wish we'd clear quicker still but I don't think we've done a lot wrong.

Half time thoughts:

We had the better of the opening 30 minutes but didn't create a single chance with it. Ntcham started well but hasn't created anything and went a bit anonymous in the last 10 minutes.

Obafemi I don't think has really been involved at all other than being offside for the equaliser.

Naughton has not been having a good game, at fault for one goal and barring some great covering by Wood would have been at fault for a second.

I can see us bringing on Cundle and/or Cooper early on in the second half if it stays like this and shift Piroe back up top. He is absolutely wasted playing his current position, his strength is a single good touch to get half a yard of space and getting away his shot - not something he can do at all when he plays behind the front line.

Moved the ball well that half without creating one serious chance that I can remember other than the offside free kick. One poor moment of defending cost us a goal. Mountain to climb now to get anything out of this.

Not even a bad half that tbf, silly things costing us though. Naughton needs a break I think, he looks well off the pace. Get a goal in the first 10 mins or so and it’s game on then. We can do these if we really want it, they’ve not impressed me at all, but we have to start talking shots if we actually want to score.

Piroe is playing too deep. We could really do with an attacking midfielder. When the counter chance presents itself it invariably slows down and no one is laying that ball through the middle for strikers to run on to.

bakajack said:
Not convinced Naughton has properly recovered from Saturday, he has given the ball away very cheaply a good few times and it was only because of great covering by Wood that we are not 2-0 down with goals his fault.

Naughton does it in most games, very slow in making decisions

1. Cundle for Ntcham (who should be Super Sub from now on) - to inject zip in the final third

2. Darling for Cabango (Naughts is cacking himself with our weakness at LCB)

3. Piroe up top - he's wasted playing way way so deep

4. and thus Oli for Oba - for spark, hunger and bite behind Piroe

They have 3x shots on target, despite us dominating possession - a familiar losing theme.

Jak365 said:
1. Cundle for Ntcham (who should be Super Sub from now on) - to inject zip in the final third

2. Darling for Cabango (Naughts is cacking himself with our weakness at LCB)

3. Piroe up top - he's wasted playing way way so deep

4. and thus Oli for Oba - for spark, hunger and bite behind Piroe

They have 3x shots on target, despite us dominating possession - a familiar losing theme.

Other than Darling for Naughton I agree with all of that.

Seems to me we find something that works, Cooper and either Piroe or Oba and then go back to something that doesn’t Ntcham, Piroe and Obafemi. Piroe looks lost if he’s not just up front being told to score goals. If we want both it looks like we need a different formation. I think Grimes is having a good game. Sorinola is awful and Naughton needs a rest. Why did we buy Darling again?

Still rescuable, this game, but we look keen to give them another goal.

FelindreJack said:
Not even a bad half that tbf, silly things costing us though. Naughton needs a break I think, he looks well off the pace. Get a goal in the first 10 mins or so and it’s game on then. We can do these if we really want it, they’ve not impressed me at all, but we have to start talking shots if we actually want to score.

Agree, the final ball has been poor, and not clicking on attack. Some build up play has been good but then wasted. Watford not in the game until the goal.
Main problem is they do have pace and strength.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back