• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

83% possession

After securing The first Doube, it’s also great have The first Trebe !!
I don’t wish to put a dampener on proceedings, but against 10 men for 84 mins, I’d say 50% of our possession was sideways and across the pitch, not a bad thing in its self, to try and draw the opposition out, but when we went 2 up why not bring on the subs earlier, to grind The Scum into the dust?

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
After securing The first Doube, it’s also great have The first Trebe !!
I don’t wish to put a dampener on proceedings, but against 10 men for 84 mins, I’d say 50% of our possession was sideways and across the pitch, not a bad thing in its self, to try and draw the opposition out, but when we went 2 up why not bring on the subs earlier, to grind The Scum into the dust?

Obafemi could have done that by himself if he'd had his shooting boots on .

Gaius Baltar said:
agreed

anybody (and there are plenty of them) who thinks we are not really lucky to have Grimes at this level.... needs their heads read

massive controlling influence and serious amounts of skill ...also top players with stylish beards are very rare in the modern era...... he and obafemi are going to click at some point .... goals galore on the horizon

wouldn't be in a hurry to bring back piroe and joe allen will struggle to dislodge fulton ...wish we had the same depth at full back

We certainly are. Unfortunately Grimes, Cabango & Fulton have people who just don't rate them and are eagerly waiting for them to have a poor game to pounce. In my opinion those three plus Benda and Ollie have been massive in our upturn of form since RM has ditched his Kamikaze football. Long may it continue.

Swansea93 said:
Grimes is massive for us a lot of his work goes unnoticed that pass for Obafemi is something else, and the way he spoke and conducted himself at the fans forum the other night surprised me as well, seems like a top guy.

Every time he gets the ball he slows things down. That didn't matter against Cardiff but it does matter against better teams.

He certainly wasnt slowing things down against Reading last week - our game plan for Sunday I would imagine changed when Robinson was sent off - we had to revert to a slower more patient game due to the way they wanted the game to play out.

His pass for Obafemi's goal was as perfect as it can get - had that been De Bruyne for Haaland it would have attracted far more note.

And no I am far from his greatest fan but he did Sunday exactly what he had to

I feel that we could see more of Grimes in an attacking sense if our players didn't keep passing the ball to him on his right foot. He is notoriously one footed and will always look for a safer option sideways or backwards if he doesn't have the time to switch it to his left.

Reminds me of the Fergie Utd days when his defenders were all coached not to pass the ball back to Schmeichel on his left foot because he was as one footed as it gets.

We all know that Grimes is capable of some incredible plays we have seen many glimpses of that over the past three or four years since we came back down to the Championship. To get the best out of him we need to play to his strengths, which is getting him the ball in space and on his left foot so he can pick those killer passes without slowing down the play.

TheLoneRanger said:
Why are left footed players nearly always called one footed ?? - and right footed players called - right footed ??

I don't know about that, Schmeichel in my example was definitely referred to as one footed in his time and I am sure there are plenty of other examples that could be found too.

Swansea93 said:
Grimes is massive for us a lot of his work goes unnoticed that pass for Obafemi is something else, and the way he spoke and conducted himself at the fans forum the other night surprised me as well, seems like a top guy.

He's a credit to the club and himself. Quality footballer.

edit - at this level anyway. Not sure what his ceiling could be, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Premier League interest in the summer.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back